2 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2009 5:25 PM by anadyr RSS

Suite deals

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just read over my renewal for Hyatt's Diamond Elite (same as Platinum).  In an enhancement to the program they included one guaranteed suite upgrade and the opportunity to have it happen, based on availability at check-in, 4 times in a calendar year.  I have not tried to use the cert yet but will post when I do.

Competition being what it is I think Marriott could also include a limited number of suite upgrades per year for Platinum Premier and Platinum members.  Comments? 

• Re: Suite deals
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    According to the Marriott terms and conditions for elite members, we are guaranteed the best accomodations (suites excluded) when we check in.  Sounds good on paper, but in reality it's kind of hit and miss due to lack of consistency or professionalism/knowledge of front desk staff.  The Hyatt program will actually probably work better since it's more structured with an actual number of upgrades and use of certificates.  If that simplifies the process and ensures a more pleasant vs. confrontational check-in, I say go with the Hyatt model.  Having to exhaust valuable time and patience in advance or feeling like a beggar at check-in just to get the guaranteed upgrade is not customer centered.  I doubt that I always get the best accomodations available, but I always am upgraded to the concierge level even though I stay at the government rate.  Not bad...could be better, but not bad.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Suite deals
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

In the day Platinum members were automatically preassigned rooms by hotels--I, for example, had the same room 90% of the time (top floor, corner on the Concierge Floor) without asking. This was because they put a note in my profile blocking that room whenever possible. Back then I also stayed at the "over per diem" government rate, which was not that bad a deal.

Yes I hope Marriott can see that Platinum and Platinum Premier members do indeed deserve a break and an upgrade from time to time without having to beg! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...