Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2009 11:07 PM by wrowdy RSS

New Summer Promotion

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, Marriott Rewards Insiders!

Allow me to introduce myself and also share some news hot off the presses. My name is Andrew Gordon – I just recently joined the Marriott Rewards team, and will proudly be your new resource for all things Marriott Rewards Insiders.

I am even more excited to announce the upcoming launch of one of our biggest Marriott Rewards summer promotions to date. This promotion is available to all point-earning members who register to include qualified stays in ANY of our hotels* from June 1 through August 31. We are pleased to offer richer rewards than any summer promotion before.  Be sure to sign into MarriottRewards.com this Friday to register and view your exclusive offer.

This promotion will not be broadly announced to our membership until May 12th with our electronic newsletter, but as an Insider, you’re getting the scoop early to be on the lookout for your special offer this summer to earn valuable rewards.

Again, I’m happy to be aboard and I look forward to interacting with all of you and helping you make the most of Marriott Rewards Insiders.

Regards,

Andrew

*Participating hotels: Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, and Marriott Vacation Club International

• Re: New Summer Promotion
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Welcome aboard Andrew,

Best wishes and congratulations on your new role, I look forward to the scoop on the new summer promotion and especially delighted to see that the Marriott Vacation Club brand is to be among the choice Marriott brands that will be participating.

Regards,

TJCNewYork

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Dear Andrew

It is indeed good to know that Mr. Marriott and Ed French and the MR team have had the thoughtful consideration to add a permanent Insider liason to the team.

This speaks volumes to their perception of the value of good give-and-take, which on the Insider is finally becoming more and more constructive rather than just griping.

It also tells MR members that the MR team is listening and that it does take time to do a good job in formulating and implementing program changes that are responsive to MR member suggestions and comments.

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Congratulations AG!

The best to you in your new posistion.

This new program is super.  I personally have booked  a lot of stays at various properties to support the program.  We have moved our business meetings to Marriott properties.

Thanks to all. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Countryjim

"This speaks volumes to their perception of the value of good give-and-take, which on the Insider is finally becoming more and more constructive rather than just griping."

Well stated. Marriott leverages Guest Satisfaction Surveys and hotel room Comment Cards to encourage guests to provide feedback on individual hotels.  Customer.Care@Marriott.com provides another touchpoint.

Insiders provides an effective way for us to share thoughts not only about the hotel, but compare experience across hotel brands. Not just Marriott brands, but Hilton and Starwood. 

Under the griping there is a wealth of commentary about our expectations as loyal guests that can shed new light on gaps in service delivery and how to fill them to improve the overall brand experience.

With the implementation of Elite Rollover Nights and Double Nights which has its origins in the discussion here, there is reason to expand Insiders and the inclusion of a new team member is proof of that.

TJCNewYork

markzz2 Platinum 1 Reviews

Welcome Andrew from one of the very loyal Marriott Members (since 1992), in the UK.

gshock Platinum
    Andrew.  First welcome to Marriott Rewards. Being a Reward member for over 25 years (HGA program back in the early 80's)  and a lifetime Platinum I have kept up on all changes and promotions over the entire time period.  I see the new summer promo with the stay 3 and get one free; but only for category 1-4 properties. I never stay at a 1-4 property so I guess the certificates that I earn will not be used.  Please Marriott should be competitive with the competition. Starwood has a stay 2 and get 1 free at all of their properties as does Intercontinental etc.     

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Man, this is one of the worst promotions on record. After three separate stays during the time period, we get one free night at a Cat 1-4 property. The rules state that we can only earn one free stay during the promotion.

I find it hard to use the Cat 5 certificate that I get each year upon renewal of my Marriott Visa card. I don't think I've stayed at a Cat 4 property in all the years that I've been a Marriott customer.

This is one promotion that is more sizzle than steak.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

Welcome Andrew. Your news was interesting BUT now that the offer is live on the Marriott website (as detailed below), I tried to register but the reply is that I am not eligbile! Seems to be another Marriott con where there are many terms and conditions. I'm just having a nightmare with the Residence Inn Times Square over a promotion that I find ambguos.

So it appears that once again this new summer offer is inviting me to join then does not let me register. NOT IMPRESSED ONE LITTLE BIT AND I CAN HEAR HILTON CALLING OUT FOR MY BUSINESS!

Earn extra Marriott Rewards® for a dream getaway

If you ever needed a vacation from the ups and downs of every day life, this is the time and here’s the way: Stay at Marriott
    June 1 through August 31, 2009 and earn extra Marriott Rewards toward your own dream getaway.

Registration is free and easy, and exclusively for members of Marriott Rewards − the world's most rewarding travel program.

Register by June 30, 2009

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
    I POSTED A REPLY TO THIS ON THE 8TH MAY WHICH HAS NOT BEEN PRINTED,DESPITE 2 OTHER POSTINGS MADE AT THE SAME TIME BEING ON HERE. WHATS GOING ON MARRIOTT?

vpplayer Platinum

>>Platinumstar wrote:

Welcome Andrew. Your news was interesting BUT now that the offer is live on the Marriott website (as detailed below), I tried to register but the reply is that I am not eligbile! Seems to be another Marriott con where there are many terms and conditions.

Same thing happened to me, but it appears to be a website glitch.  I called the rewards line and they signed me up over the phone. I recommend you do the same.

The promotion is essentially another megabonus, where you get XX points if you stay YY paid nights.  XX and YY are different figures for different members.  Mine is the usual 35K pts for 20 nights.

Related question: Why does MR not automatically register members to these promotions?

kahunapremier Platinum

Welcome Andrew, you will find we have TONS of sugguestions that will make Marriott EVEN better.

I will start with my sugguestion: All elite status members SHOULDN'T have to "sign" up for promotions, they should inherit these promotions via the technology. We really don't want to "manage" stuff like this, we just want to know, that these promotions are setup automatically.

I also believe that the Double the points per night needs to run the entire 2009 year, because that will surely drive up more Marriott business.

Congrats on your new position and continued Marriott success!

tjcnewyork Platinum
    Kahuna

"I will start with my suggestion: All elite status members SHOULDN'T have to "sign" up for promotions, they should inherit these promotions via the technology. We really don't want to "manage" stuff like this, we just want to know, that these promotions are setup automatically."

GREAT SUGGESTION, I agree!

"I also believe that the Double the points per night needs to run the entire 2009 year, because that will surely drive up more Marriott business."

AGREED!  I would also add that inclusion of the MVCI brand in the Elite Rollover Nights and Double Nights promotion will have a HUGE impact on both business and leisure travel from the MVCI owner community.  There is animated and very positive discussion about this promotion elsewhere online.  MVCI owners are asking questions, exploring hotel options and scrutinizing planning to make sure to extend their resort stay and get the nights needed to qualify for Elite status.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I might be unique but I am always automatically enrolled in the promotions that Marriott offers.  Perhaps that is a Platinum Premier only perk but it should be one that everyone has, in my opinion.

If a web site can target an ad to the things you are listening to (Pandora radio for example) it is not that difficult to enroll us when we log in to check our balances and reservations. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Signed up automatically...seems to be the case most (maybe all) promos.  When I click on the announced promo, the next screen shows that I'm already registered.

elitepro Member
    STEPPINGSTONES I am automatically enrolled in most of the promotions that Marriott offers. It is great to not have to enroll !  Congratulations to Marriott for http://tinyurl.com/qbd5m3     Marriott was a top winner at the   Freddie Awards for the best Elite Level  hotel loyalty programs.

kahunapremier Platinum

TCJNewYork,

It is true that Marriott does automate promotions, just not 100% of them and from a technology standpoint, it is very doable. I am looking for 100% promotion sign up from marriott and I beleive, talking with corp, that those things are in the works.

We shall see.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Let's keep the great ideas coming and forward them to Marriott as we can. Auto signup is just one thing that makes our life simpler, and overdue for members.

And Happy Memorial Day to everyone, most especially my fellow members of the United States Armed Forces, past and present, with whom I served, and to those whose families have had service members as well.  It is a day of remembrance and reflection for all of us. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    SS -- thank you for the kind words and your military service.  I, too, am a Air Force retiree after 24 years active duty.  I served in two AOR's...Vietnam and Gulf War...and am humbled at the pride, professionalism, and patriotism of our men and women serving today.  God bless them all.

dmc200 Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi Andrew.

Welcome and congratulations.  I am just curious as you described the biggest MR summer promotions to date.  I see that 25,000 is the max points available to be earned.  I have seen much larger promotions, however I may have the season mixed up.  As a platinum member for the past few years, I know that the point level changes based on your status and stay history, however I was told 25,000 is the max.  Is that true? 

Thanks for your time and effort and I look forward to using this community as a valuable resource for travel!

Dave

wrowdy Silver

Hi Andrew!

I wanted to find out some information about this summer promotional information... I have signed up for several of the promotional offers and some of them have expired and I did not receive my promotional benefits.  Also, I stayed at Cypress Harbour for a week in June and haave yet to see the status change for my current promotions.  Please let me know what I need to do.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...