2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2015 9:11 AM by carat RSS

Residence Inn Houston - Westchase

tjstrauser Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stay at this hotel twice per month and have been doing so over the last 9 years.  Unfortunately I have to report that even though the staff and service is exceptional, the hotel is really getting run down.  They recently replaced the beds and bedding however the rest of the room is almost unbearable.   The televisions are very outdated and do not get very good reception, the hot water is frequently not working properly and the paint is peeling off the walls.

I really hope they do something about this hotel soon as it has always been a home away from home for me and I really do not want to change.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Houston - Westchase
    mzp Gold

No regard to customer service.

I am gold elite member and stayed with Marriott/Residence Inn in other cities for more than 66 nights this year.

Period of Stay: Nov 5 - Nov 10 2015 with my wife and my 5 months old daughter.

Room No: 103, changed to 203 on Nov 7 after I complained about a lot of cockroaches and other insects.

Mode of payment: Used my rewards points for the entire duration of stay.

But Still Was charged: $256.23

Here is the time line:

a) Nov 13, 2015 - I called Westchase Residence Inn about this charge. I was in communication with Mayra Rascon. I also emailed her my reservation confirmation, which showed $0.00 charges.

b) Nov 19, 2015 - I emailed Mayra again to ask about any updates. NO RESPONSE

c) Nov 21, 2015 - I called Marriott's rewards (801-468-4000) and had to request to re-initiate the process

d) Nov 29, 2015 - I got calls from 402-390-3244 and 713-974-5454 (General Manager Westchase Residence Inn) assuring me the refund in one or two days.

e) Dec 14, 2015 - Today, my refund was initiated AFTER 1 MONTH. THAT TOO AFTER I THREATENED TO FILE A CASE IN A SMALL CLAIMS COURT. I got a confirmation email and a phone call (was not able to attend) from Raza from Westchase Residence Inn apologizing.

So, here is the main issue. It took one month to get this done and that too after I kept track on it through and through for no fault of mine. And, you guys are so "generous" that you finally refunded me my money back, which should not have been charged at the first place. This is great customer service. What a joke!! Plus a little apology and no compensation for my time and frustration that it caused. Also, never heard back from Guest Experience Supervisor to whom I had sent my complaint.

What a shame, Marriott!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Houston - Westchase
      carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi mzp.  Sounds like a terribly frustrating experience.  If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to work with our team for additional clarity.  Can you send me a direct message with your Rewards number? 

I also see that you are new to the forum.  Welcome to the Insiders Community.  This is a great place to discuss all things travel related.  From sharing your recommendations and travel experiences to learning the ins and outs of the Rewards program, we cover it all.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with lindseyh and deannad.   If you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   I have also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing your contributions as well as reaching a resolution for your experience. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...