3 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2009 1:05 AM by anadyr RSS

New Rewards Chart

artexpert Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am greatly puzzled by the new rewards chart eliminating the small discounts in points that we used to get for multiple nights.  Now, you only get a break if you can stay five nights (stay 4, get 5th free).  Seems to penalize those of us who would like to stay 2 or 3 nights (now we will get no point break for more than one night) in favor of those who can stay five.  Seems to devalue what I can get with my points by circumstance of my work schedule.  Am I missing something?

• Re: New Rewards Chart
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

It appears that you are very late to the game. Thousands of members have been railing against this subject since it was announced last October. You'll have to dig through the messages to that time in order to read how we all felt and still feel about this monumental change.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"now we will get no point break for more than one night"

That is correct.  Incremental discounts for multiple night stays were eliminated.  Currently, there are 2 multi-night redemption discount offers.  However, you must be very diligent in checking what brands and hotels are participating.  For example, there are 54 category 4, 5, 6 and 7 resorts participating in the Redeem 3 for the price of 2 offer; and there are 64 clubs in the the Marriott Vacation Club brand that are not participating in the Stay 4 Get the 5th Free offer.  BEWARE of the deadly combination offers involving redeeming nights at resorts and a DAILY UPGRADE CASH FEE for oceanview, beachview or garden view.  Marriott has made it extremely difficult and more complicated to redeem point awards:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/3ad23937.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yep, more points for less value--that's the bottom line.  Hope that this is just a one year experiment but I fear like tax hikes, once in place, never goes back down.

Write to Marriott and explain you problems with the system--they are good listeners! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...