3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2009 1:29 PM by cruiser292 RSS

Marriott timeshare resorts in Orlando

cdziuba Member
Currently Being Moderated

I think the best place for kids under 9 is Marriott Horizons.  the Pirate ship-themed water play area with fountains and water guns is amazing! It's nice as high-end as the Grande Vista or Cypress Harbor, but it's a lovely resort, try it.

• Re: Marriott timeshare resorts in Orlando
    donethattoo Platinum

I agree that Harbor Lake (formerly Horizons) is the top kid-friendly MVC property in Orlando. When we attended our time-share preview package in January of 2009, we stayed at then Horizons. The 2 bedroom was very nice, but the Pool/Water Slide/Pirate water play area was definitely the highlight of the stay. Even in January the pools were open, and in use. With a heated pool, even I got in with the kids and rode the water slide a few times. Then we actually toured at MVC Grande Vista (which is the MVC flagship property, at least for now). The units were definitely an upgrade from Horizons and they offered a 3 bedroom unit (which we wanted) and Horizons didn't offer. We ultimately bought a 3BR lock-out at MGV (Marriott Grande Vista), but I foresee some exchanges to get back to Horizons (Harbor Lakes) in our future if the kids have anything to say about it. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

With so much to do in Orlando including multiple theme parks, water parks, go karts and miniature golf among other kid-friendly attractions, it is great to hear that Marriott Vacation Club did right at Harbor Lake.  

I agree that a 3 bedroom plan at Harbor Lake makes sense especially to accomodate a growing family or extended family vacations.  We've hosted large family vacation gatherings and reserved/rented multiple villas to acheive that.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cruiser292 Gold

I have no kids and find that the Horizon (Harbour Lake) to be very conveniently located to parks and shopping.  I love the activities it has to offer for all ages.   Harbour Lake offers a relaxing atmosphere for all ages.  The minature golf is great as well and don't forget to take in a stroll around the lake and resort.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...