1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 29, 2009 5:16 PM by lesliepamel RSS

New Key West hotel

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from the newest hotel in the Marriott family. The Marriott Key West Beachside Hotel is a fabulous property which appears to have been built originally as a residential hotel because with the exception of a few conventional hotel rooms, most are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom, 2 bath units. The average unit size is 1400sqft

The original owners spared no expense in 2007 when this place was built. Each room has flat screen TVs', the flooring is marble as are the showers. The kitchens contain high-end appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerators and granite counters.

The pool are was nice but the beach was puny. Then again, Key West is not exactly known for its beaches simply because there are none.

There is ample free parking (contrary to what the Marriott site says) but the location is just out of town. For revelers this won't be a problem because the hotel provides free hourly shuttle service to Mallory Square.

As a Platinum member I was given coupons good for the full buffet breakfast in the restaurant, which was very good.

Check in and staff were very friendly and helpful and Joe the Concierge had excellent dining suggestions.

In summary, this is the place to stay when in Key West. It's been about 10 years since Marriott has had a full service hotel in the area and I, for one, plan on coming back.

http://www.beachsidekeywest.com/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Key West hotel
    lesliepamel Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    Wow! That would have made a good timeshare resort, and livened up the club by presenting owners with a good place to vacation instead of the tired third rate places they now have.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...