2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2009 1:02 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Totally new to Rewards, can you help?

felcrew Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We have a few points on our account from a previous night's stay & my husband just booked a Marriott room for 7 nigths for a business trip.  Now keep in mind that we are both totally new to this....... He says he's sure that when he made the reservation it had some huge amount of points being earned because of the duration of his stay.  Did he read something wrong???  Does a stay like that just earn regular points?

I'm only curious about this right now because we're looking at booking a vacation right after his trip & I'm trying to get an idea of what our points balance would be at that time in case we have enough to actually use!

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Totally new to Rewards, can you help?
    gshock Platinum
    Felcrew  You will receive 10 Marriott points for each dollar spent excluding taxes. Unfortunately even with a 7 night stay this may not qualify you for a free night at an entry level Marriott property.  To add to your points get a marriott visa card which can be obtained through chase.  I have been a member of Marriott rewards for over 25 years and many years stayed over 75 nights Good Luck   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Totally new to Rewards, can you help?
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    At Towneplace Suites and Residence Inns the point earning power is half that i.e. 5 points per $1 revenue on the room rate excluding room taxes and incidentals.  For more information by Marriott brand, see Marriott Rewards

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...