1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 6:52 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Restaurants we tried when we were at the Aruba Ocean Club

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Wanted to share my thoughts on some of the places we ate while staying at the Aruba Ocean Club.   There are separate reviews posted for the places on property (Simply Fish and Ruth Chris).   These are all off property.

Moomba Beach (Right next door)

Visited for breakfast one morning for a change of pace from cereal in the timeshare. Was a little hesitant based on reviews I'd read here. Service was slow and getting coffee refills was a little tough. Food was good --- price is up to 11.95. It was obvious that they've taken the prior comments about temperature of food to heart --- hot stuff was very hot. Cold items were on ice. Omelet station was good. Not amazing, but good.

Driftwood - in Oranjestad (easy bus ride from the Marriott)

Visited one night for dinner. Service was excellent --- prompt, attentive and friendly. Tried one of the fresh catch specials --- a blackened barracuda. I was skeptical, but it was wonderful --- the sweetness of the fish, the smoky spice of the blackening and the tang of the berry sauce was an amazing combination of flavors. The white sangria was a surpise for me --- but a nice change of pace. Definitely worth checking out!

Salt and Pepper (walking distance)

Visited for dinner one night. Tapas items were great --- good selections and decent portions for the price. Also tried one of their fish specials..... A little under-cooked for my taste. Service wasn't the best --- difficult to get the server's attention even though it wasn't all that busy. Would do it again, but would focus on the tapas.

Cuba's Cooking (Oranjestad)

Stopped in at Cuba's cooking for dinner while in town for the day. The Mojitos cannot be beat. Overall the food was great (had the olive chicken). Tres Leches cake was the highlight! Nice atmosphere, friendly, attentive service!

Casa Tua (walking distance)

Stopped into Casa Tua one night in September after a really long day. Pasta and Pizzas were both amazing. If you like blue cheese at all, you really should try the Tre Frommagi Pizza --- it's excellent! Service was attentive and portions were good. This is very high on our list of favorites. We liked it so much, we went back on our last night!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...