3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2013 9:43 AM by pointjunkie RSS

Using Points

joleslaurent Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning to go to Spain this summer. Should I use my points for both the airfare and the hotel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    I would see what the true value of the points are: for example if you will be expending 300,000 points, that is the equivalent of having spent 30,000 on Marriott stays (not including the bonus for Platinum, etc.)  Som depending on you balance and the other trips you might take you might consider paying all or part in cash, ans accruing more at a Marriott while there/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jole,

If it is easy for you and you have no other place to get flights it makes sense.

I have always used my airfare points for flights and hotel for hotel.

Let us know how it works out! 

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

A travel package can always be a good idea. (points to cover hotel stay and points transferred into your airlines mileage program) I like to use the "flight miles" to upgrade from Coach to either Business or First Class, especially for long-haul flights. ( I purchase with cash a coach ticket and use flight miles to upgrade.)

However with summer just around the corner, the reasonable "bump up" options may be all taken.  Then the airlines have you by the b***s and of course they will charge you a "premium" amount of flight miles to upgrade. Is it worth it?  Probably not-if you like to sit in coach for flights longer than 4 hours.

Have a fun time in Spain.  It's on my bucket list.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...