9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2010 6:42 PM by swimtaxi RSS

Best JW (International) location?

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have so many points and would love to get to the best JW Marriott (international).  Any ideas?  Thanks!

• Re: Best JW (International) location?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Texasgirl,

How about Paris, London or Monte Carlo?

You really do not have to do a JW to have a great time,

Where do you really want to go?  You will get a lot of help! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews

How about Asia?  I love Bejining and have been wondering about the new JW there.

Also interested in Budapest, Vienna, Germany..........

Anyone been to the London Marriott -Grosvenor - since the renovation?

Thanks to all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Texasgirl,

We just got back from the Grosvenor in London and it was great (Even before the renovation)

Enjoy the photo's. Enjoy the Texas Embassy!

You can't go wrong! 

Texasgirl,

Why not Monte Carlo?

Nice, St. Trop., Cannes?

Good time. 

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Texasgirl,

I can vouch for Budapest and Vienna!  Both wonderful cities!  I traveled as a single woman (no tour or anything) to Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Vienna and Budapest a few years ago and have to say that it was one of my best vacations ever! There are Marriotts in each city except C. Krumlov.  In the interest of full disclosure, there were a couple of prostitutes outside and in the lobby ladies room of the Budapest property but I didn't let it bother me!

And, you can take some fantastic day trips from all of these cities!!! 

I really think I could retire in Prague... it is that wonderful!

I went to Germany two years ago and again had a fabulous time!  Again, just me, no tour or anything.  Upon leaving Munich after Oktoberfest, I rented a car and drove down to Fussen to visit Neuschwanstein Schloss and Oberammergau.  Then onto Rothenburg ob der Tauber.  I went on up to Stuttgart but left after one night... the Marriott is 15km outside of town, the exec lounge was closed, and the town was not very pretty to say the least!  So, I punched Baden Baden into my gps and off I went to the Black Forest!  After that I went up to Heidelberg before spending a couple of nights in Rudesheim on the Rhine.  My final stop was in Cologne but I really wished I had heeded some locals' advice and stayed in the Rudesheim/Rhine area.  The Dom in Cologne is beautiful but that's about it!  Oh, the castles on the Rhine and the gorgeous little towns of Germany!!! 

New Hilton,

Sounds like a great time!  The pictures are awesome.  Did you make it to Garmisch?  The Ren. there is no longer a Ren. but the Hotel Rierrsie (SP).  It was on of my favorite spots on the back of the Zugspitzer.

At any rate, good luck with your upcoming trip!  Make sure you let us know how it goes! 

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Jerry,

Thanks very much!  Love your pictures also!

No, I didn't make it to Garmisch... thought about staying at the Ren there but decided to stay in Fussen instead.  Had a great little hotel with an huge awesome room, even had a sauna in one of my two bathrooms!!!!  And, to think, I was getting a tad annoyed when I thought they were sending me off to the attic!!!  Who knew???  LOL!  The first pic is the view from that room.

Newhilton!

Thanks for your pictures!

Fussen sure looks like fun.

Please let us all enjoy your travels and pictures. 

swimtaxi Gold 60 Reviews

Wondering what you would recommend for a mother/daughter (40something and 16) travelling to Vienna. What about a possible excursion to Budapest. (Is it feasible and worthwhile to do a day trip to Budapest) What else would you recommend, via trains or Danube? We love to explore, but helps to have a plan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...