7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 10:19 AM by nc_rph RSS

Need a hotel recommendation for DC/Northern Virginia

bryanperson Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Flying into Raegan National (DCA) next Tuesday night, and looking for a place to stay for 2 nights. I prefer northern Virginia, as I'll have an appointment in Arlington. Any recommendations?

Also have to get up to Bethesda and Silver Spring Maryland one afternoon, and still deciding between renting a car or taking the Metro. I don't know my way around the city yet, so I'm hoping for suggestions here.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need a hotel recommendation for DC/Northern Virginia
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Bryan

Washington and the District of Columbia is best experienced above ground.  While the Metro and taxis will get you where you need to go, I highly recommend renting a car at Reagan/National. Consider staying at the extremely popular Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town on Duke Street or the convenient Courtyard Alexandria on Eisenhower just off the Capital Beltway.  There are several routes to Arlington 8 miles northwest and Bethesda 22 miles north; but my absolute favorite is the scenic drive along the Potomac. The vistas of our nation's capital are extraordinary, its an experience not to be missed.  Have a great trip.

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/w/wasdk/wasdk_home_rightimage.jpg  http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/w/wasal/wasal_home_rightimage.jpg

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town  Courtyard Alexandria

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I've tried what seems like every Marriott property in the DC area, but now stay exclusively at the Fairview park Marriott in Arlington.  It's out of the hustle-bustle, a short 15 min drive (an hour in rush hour traffice) to Capitol Hill.  Decent concierge lounge, friendly staff, and comp. shuttle to nearest metro stop if you don't want to drive into the district.

bryanperson Gold 2 Reviews

Well, it's my fault, but I waited until the last minute and couldn't find a reasonably priced Marriott hotel near the areas where I want to be. I wound up booking at another chain, not too far from DCA.

Thanks for your recos!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Our nation's capital is an extremely popular destination and that's driving rates upwards. Best wishes for a great trip.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Good Luck!

ncinsider Platinum

Next week will be my first Fairview Park experience. I have been pretty loyal to Key Bridge and Crystal Gateway.

nc_rph Silver 1 Reviews

I realize you want to stay in northern Virginia, but I would recommend the Courtyard in Downtown Silver Spring. Its close to where you want to be and there are places convenient to walk to in the evening for dinner and such. I felt it was a nice place overall.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...