4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2009 5:28 PM by jerrycoin RSS

West Des Moines!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We love the West Fairfield Inn.

We find the shopping and food choices so enjoyable!

The staff is great and we are going back soon!

• Re: West Des Moines!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I Stay in DM 3 or 4 times a month, various days, and various Marriott properties.  The West Des Moines area is the up and coming part of town.  The West Des Moines Marriott is a comfortable place with above average service and friendly staff.  The concierge lounge still puts out a good enough spread at night to satisfy me, and on weekends, my wife and I are invited to the full breakfast buffet at no cost.  The new Courtyard is nice and in a great location for shopping, as is the West Des Moines RI.  When flying in and out of DSM, I stay at the FFI less than a mile from the airport.  It's only been open about a year and has an airport shuttle as does the West Des Moines Marriott.   If you must stay downtown DM, check out the Renaissance, formerly the  Des Moines Savory Hotel...very historic.  And the Des Moines properties almost always have me upgraded before I have to ask at check-in, a rarity these days with Marriott. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the information on the newer REN.  I did not know it was there.

We will try it out next time! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    stayed last night at WDM Marriott.  Sorry to report that the concierge lounge is closed on Sunday evening.  Was told about this in advance that it only opened on Sundays if there was at least 10 corporate Platinum's staying that night.  I stay at the gov't rate, so I guess that doesn't count.  But, I was upgraded to a suite on the concierge level without having to ask.   Also, this Marriott does have free wired and wireless internet in guest rooms throughout.  The breakfast was bland, but normally the evening spread is pretty decent.  As usual, friendly, helpful staff, and not a bad rueben sandwich from room service.

Thanks for the report on the Marriott WDM!

Am going in July and wiil be there doing the week!

Will be great to try! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...