5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2009 7:29 PM by hdtvcamera RSS

San diego area hotels

chicagobull Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I are planning a trip to the san diego area in jan '10 to do family-type stuff, e.g., sea world, legoland, zoo, wild animal park, etc.

We would like to stay in a residence inn in an effort to save money on dining out all the time and there are a number of properties in the area.

What one is the best?

• Re: San diego area hotels
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We did this and stayed at the RI, got a car and the first stop was the supermarket.

Grilled steaks, got a two BR, suite upgrade, and never looked back!

You are in for a great time. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rune01 Platinum
    I really like the one in La Jolla. It's a little secluded, there's a Ralph's and a Whole Foods within walking distance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Chicagobull,

Could you provide more information on your recommendation?

We have been staying at the Marina in SD, but would welcome a change for the family and have  heard some of the properties are better than others.

Thank-you! 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    La Jolla could be my choice for a place to stay while in San Diego.

hdtvcamera Platinum

I Stayed for work at the La Jolla Residence Inn for 3 1/2 months 7/08--12/09.  When you are in a hotel for that long everything begins to bug you (not being home.)  That being said Residence Inn was pretty plesant.  I had a ground floor room which got loud when there were people with kids above me.  The staff was nice and depending on the day of the week, the maid service was pretty good.  The grounds crew was pretty bad in the begining but there was a supervisor change and I immediatly noticed the difference.  The pool while not giant is decent.  My wife and  kids came to visit and loved playing in it.  The shopping center is great and close by with lots of choices of places to eat, Trader Joes, and a supermarket with full deli.  A few nights a week they put out pub grub and have free beer and wine although the employee pouring 8 oz cups of beer had a giant pile of cash tips.  I had my own frozen mugs and she cheerfully filled them.  (I was a good tipper) Breakfast hot food got old after the fist few times I ate there, but they had freah fruit, yougurt, cereal and other healthy choices.

My biggest problem there was with inconsiderate guests.   At the breakfast buffet people seemed to lose any manners they might have had in an effort to get a pile of everything on their plate.  It was pretty amazing how inconsiderate some people could be.  If it were not for the staffs constant attention the spilled food would get out of control.  Parrents ignored their kids as they ran wild getting food and underfoot of other guests.  I also had neighbors who knocked the sand out of thier kids shoes in front of my door on a few occasions.  I ended up buying my own boom to keep my door area tidy and sand free.  The floors are pretty thin so if you have kids please be considerate of others.  I didn't meat to rant.  I guess I just got a lot off my chest.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...