3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2009 1:09 AM by jerrycoin RSS

200,000 points

tmcmtsu Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Where should I go what should I do?

• Re: 200,000 points
    dealmister Platinum

If I were you, I would wait until I had more miles and get a travel package.  For 270K points, you will get 120K frequent flyer miles transferred to the airline of your choice plus a 7 night certificate valid at categories 1-5.

This is the best deal becasue the 120K FF miles are worth at the absolute minimum $1,800 plus you will also get a 7 night certificate.

If you figure the 7 night certificate is worth at a minimum $900 (~$110 per night plus tax). You've used a 270K reward and received something with a minimum value of $2,700

That's the best deal around.

Also, if you figure that reward only cost you $18,000 in hotel stays (10 points per dollar base plus 50% platinum bonus), you are yielding a 15% return on every stay at the marriot. 

If you put all of your stays on the Marriott premier Visa, you get another 5 points per dollar. 

Marriott Rewards is the best program out there and as long as they do not increase the points required for travel again, I'll be with them for life

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Dealmister

That ~is~ a great deal, thanks for pointing it out.  Do you recall where at Marriott.com that it's published?  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Where are the 3 places you would like to go?

Likewise, how many would be going? 

If you can share that with us, I am sure you will get more great advice. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...