0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 11:45 AM by sellinrain RSS

Booking meetings to earn rewards ??

sellinrain Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Does anybody have a comprehensive understanding of how this works?  I called the Rewards hotline and even they could not explain it to me and suggested I contact a local hotel.  The questions I have are: is there any size or dollar limit you must meet to qualify as a meeting?  Is renting a room at a Fairfield inn for 1 day enough to qualify?  And does Marriott take into account nights accumulated plus meetings to determine reward level status?  For example I am a silver member and have no trouble maintaining that status.  But I will struggle to hit 50 nights to get to gold.  It just seems like a wide gap.  If I have 30 stays and book 3 meetings will they bump me up to Gold?  I also would be hard pressed to book 5 meetings for automatic Gold status but could probably hit 2 or 3.  Currently my company books meetings at a Holiday Inn, but I have the influence to change this if Marriott will make it worth my while.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...