5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2009 1:31 PM by turkeyman RSS

MARRIOTT ALL INCLUSIVE IN ARUBA

traveltimebaby Gold
Currently Being Moderated

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN PAY FOR THE TRADEWINDS WITH POINTS?  ALSO, IF I ALREADY BOOKED THE MARRIOTT TO GO IN JUNE WITH MY POINTS, CAN I ADD ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION LATER?  I KNOW YOU CAN BUY THE TRADEWINDS UPGRADE, BUT CAN YOU PURCHASE IT WITH POINTS?  IS IT LESS THAN 70,000 FOR THE ALL INCLUSIVE?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MARRIOTT ALL INCLUSIVE IN ARUBA
    dtroid Platinum

We're exec plat with Marriott - staying there 5/29 - 6/5 with points.    They told us $125 USD per day per room.   :-(

Might do it anyway.    Meals are expensive there, and it includes 5 light meals + liquor , etc daily.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Aruba has so, so many great restaurants that I actually consider it a crime to stay on property and have all of your meals there. This is truly one of the great eating islands.

dtroid Platinum
    We just got back from Aruba - all inclusive is 70 Kpoints for 5 days, 90K points for 7 days.   WELL WORTH IT.    I think it is a better deal than the Tradewinds (which you can't buy with points).   Don't do both.    Food on property and off is expensive.    We ate at Simply Fish 3 times, and it was $190 to $210 for two people, including dinner/wine/desert.   PS - the Tradewinds rooms are nothing special - just like a standard room (which is really nice, anyway).    Our room number was 657, great view of the pool and high enough to see the ocean - perfect.   South Tower is best - North Tower elevators are out of order.   Nice to have "free" drinks and lunch at the beach or poolside with all-inclusive.   Rent a jeep for a day and explore the northern side of the island.   Great place and we can't wait to go back.

mister56 Gold

Thanks for the good insite on the inclusive package.  My wife and I are staying there next month and we spent the 90k points to add inclusive.  We're hoping it's worth it.  Can you get a bottle of wine with meals or do you need to order by the glass?

turkeyman Platinum

My wife and I have stayed at the Hotel for the past 8 years and twice last year due to a family resort wedding.  In March we did the tradewiinds for 14 days and thought it was great and well worth it. 

At that time they did not offer using points for this upgrade. 

Here is a great screen saver!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...