2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2009 9:02 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Frenchmans Reef & Morningstar Resort St. Thomas

sohiegrace Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been reading terrible reviews on tripadvisor.com on the Frenchmans Reef & Morningstar Resort in St. Thomas.  I am becoming very apprehensive about staying there.  Would someone please let me know, why this hotel does not seem to meet Marriot standards.  I am a frequent traveler who always sticks with Marriott, but I'm not sure about this one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frenchmans Reef & Morningstar Resort St. Thomas
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We got back from a wedding on the beach at this property and had a great stay.

They took care of us and the bonus food offers really saved us a lot at the hotel.

No problems for us.  Good luck. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frenchmans Reef & Morningstar Resort St. Thomas
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    TripAdvisor.com is usually on-point, peer reviews have great value.  In fact, after a recent stay at a Residence Inn that fell very short of expectations, others' experiences turned up on TripAdvisor.  Had I read the reviews prior to booking, it would have compelled me to rethink.  I've stayed at the Frenchman's Reef three years back and have a friend in operations who moved to Frenchman's Cove in 2007, the timeshare property next door.  I have neighbors who own multiple weeks there.  If the TripAdvisor reviews about the hotel are recent, better look under the hood.  Meaning to say, if you can e-mail the posters, do so.  In my experience, one or two people will exagerate but if 5 or more people are reporting similar conditions and incidents - better be safe and listen to that inner voice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...