11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 9:37 PM by nukeferret RSS

DC Hotels

dcweekly Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Mayflower is definitely one of the best hotels in the city. Rudy is great! Another great lounge is at the Key Bridge Marriott in Rosslyn. I haven't been there in about 6 months but used to spend 50-60 nights a year there. Beverly runs a great lounge in the evening. Very good food and lots of it. Incredible desert selection as well. Hopefully it's still the same.

• Re: DC Hotels
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

DCHotels,

It's been too long since I stayed at the Key Bridge.

Will make it a point to say hello to "Beverly"!

Looking forward to it.  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    What would be your recommendation for staying at Crystal City Marriott or Crystal City Gateway Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum
    Thumbs-up on Key Bridge.  We love the views of the Potomac river valley and vistas of our nation's capital.  For night life, the proximity to Georgetown and M Street is unmatched.  We are planning a weekend getaway and seriously considered Key Bridge, but opted instead for another favorite, the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town.  We're looking forward to rediscovering Duke Street, sightseeing and dining along the Potomac riverfront.  Any suggestions?

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I've stayed at both and the comparison is apples to just about any other fruit that grows on trees. I stayed at the Mayflower two years ago and it was the only time in all my Marriott travels that I was upgraded to two bedroom suite, and I mean suite. In addition, I and my family were given a full breakfast in the restaurant each day of our stay gratis since there wasn't a lounge (the wait staff must have been google-eyed with the tip I left them each morning). The location is superb and the service was even better.

But don't get me wrong, I had a very comfortable stay at the the Key Bridge Marriott but it's really out of the way (relatively).

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

NU:

Gateway is a business class hotel, and my preference for staying. 

thanks, SS.  That's actually where my meetings will be so I'll be there as well,  then moving out to Fairview Park for 4 nights for pleasure at AAA rate of $69/night.  good deal. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

NUHusker

"AAA rate of $69/night"

As an alternative, consider the Marriott Inn & Conference Center in Adelphi, MD (near Greenbelt) with a AAA rate of $59/night plus $8 for on-site parking. Free broadband/Wifi.  It's about 15 miles east of DC.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0689.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0692.jpg

King bedroom sitting area       Desk in Living room area 

Book online and request a comp upgrade to a 1 BR Executive King (Rm 476 or 576) and Concierge access in Comments area. Call the day prior to arrival to reconfirm the comp upgrade. Let me know if you need a contact.  The 1BR suite is HUGE.  Concierge is closed on the weekends so request comp BF vouchers (on arrival). 

Duane was the fellow on duty for At Your Service and he was fantastic.

TJC -- very tempting...but the plans are fairly firm now for DC next week.  But I may change to the Adelphi property for our trip at Thanksgiving.  Thanks for the detailed advice.  Aren't these rates amazing?!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I may change to the Adelphi property for our trip at Thanksgiving."

Considering the exodus from university campuses like U Maryland for the Thanksgiving holiday, one would expect that the AAA rate would be low at Adelphi.  Factoring 'Black Friday' and the swell of travellers hitting the road and the malls in the Belt area (and everywhere), it's a major travel holiday weekend so the rate rises, but still very affordable considering a location within 15 miles of DC.  Do book while available, it's always easier to cancel. 

flmtgplanner Platinum
    I agree. Had the opportunity to stay here several years ago and I did not want to leave.  A must try is their Crab Cakes.  A meal in itself, no filler all crab and unbelievably delicious

nukeferret Platinum 1 Reviews

Hmm.  At 9:20, when the Key Bridge lounge closes at 10, there's no desserts left and no ice on the honor bar.  And I'm reminded again why the Key Bridge isn't one of my favorites in DC.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...