1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 15, 2009 3:23 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Platinum Benefits and fees at Marriott Resorts

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I own several MVC timeshares, therefore it has been a while since I stayed at a Marriott resort. Since resorts do not have Concierge lounges, what are the breakfast policies for Platinum members? I have also noticed 'resort fees' mentioned for several resort locations. Are these waved for platinum members and what do they cover?

I am considering using reward points for the Marco Island or Grand Hotel(AL) resorts, but want to be aware of my expected budget needs. Thanks for your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits and fees at Marriott Resorts
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Superchief

Postscript 4/15: According to my friend, Marco does not have a Concierge Lounge.  BF is not included unless you book the BF for 2 rate.  With Platinum go for an oceanfront. Studio, 1BR and 2BR suites are available. For dining, my friend highly recommends Verdi's.

Some resorts do have a concierge lounge, but it's an exception rather than rule.  The Platinum Elite line has no clue.  For example, Wentworth by the Sea in New Castle, New Hampshire is a Marriott Resort with a lounge; but Platinum Elite did not know about it.  Although the CL is unmanned during the weekend, Platinum members were allowed self-service access to bottled water and soft drinks, but there were no snacks. I was very pleasantly surprised when the Front Desk volunteered BF vouchers as well.  We had a great time there and will be going back around Memorial Day.  This was a paid stay and it was on the cusp of the 1/15 changes.

The Clearwater Marriott Suites & Resort on Sand Key does not have a CL but told me that they do give BF vouchers to Platinum - we'll see in two weeks - when I'm there to visit Tarpon Springs. (There's a chance we'll switch to Treasure Island or even the Renaissance Vinoy - I'm still getting feedback)

For the past two years, the GM at Marco Island has been very accomodating to two owners I know at Imperial. One is Lifetime Plat, the other is Gold.  Since 1/15 the room redemption rate went to 40,000 points per night which includes an Upgrade Award.  My friends rant and rave about Marco.  Both are with their families celebrating Easter so I don't want to intrude.  If I can get some intel, I'll post it here.

Regards the Grand Hotel, they do have a hospitality suite, it's shown on their page at Marriott.com.  Who knows if its operational or not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...