4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2009 1:02 PM by mikiegfla RSS

breakfast upgrade and room type

charles Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Prior posts have mentioned a breakfast buffet upgrade for platinum members at the Marriott CE-is there a charge for this? I'll be using points and wasn't sure if I qualified. Also, what is the best room type I can expect in early June when using Rewards points? Other posts have mentioned balcony and executive rooms-but are these strictly on availability? Or is there any entitlement to some type of room upgrade? Thank you in advance for your responses. I'll be there for 8 days.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: breakfast upgrade and room type
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My guess is that it depends on who checks you in: an associate who sees your status will scan the system to see what's what, offering a slightly better room than normally given, and offer that. At times there may be a great room, but the associate is waiting or not waiting for you to ask politely for it.  Preferences in your profile will guide them, and most times your room is not prearranged so you have some leeway.

Suites are not included in upgrades, according to the terms and conditions page on the website.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

As part of the wonderful new world of enhancements to Marriott Rewards, many have reported less than satisfying rooms when redeeming points for a single night or multiple night stays.  Basically, your throwing the dice when relying on availability.  If your schedule and budget is flexible consider reserving the first night in a standard room as paid (i.e. find a night to check-in with the lowest rate).  Call Platinum Elite to request the upgrade prior to arrival and call the Front Desk prior to arrival to reconfirm that your request will be honored at check-in (or fuss.  In your back pocket, have a reservation at a competitive hotel nearby to give you negotiating power.)  With the balance of nights on points, I highly doubt that you'll be moved. It is alot of planning and effort, but the strategy works especially if you are planning for 8 days. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Charles,

We have always got comp. buffet!  It is great, see pictures of eggs Benedict, that is to DIE for!

Each day was a real pleasure and the staff, shown in pictures could not have been better.  

We also got courtyard rooms that were special.  Good luck! 

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I concur with jerrymorgan, the buffet at the CE Marriot was fabulous and complementary to Plat members when I stayed there last summer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...