3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2009 10:38 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Mission to Manhattan

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will report on the C. Lounge at the Marquis when I return.  Hope it is as good as last November when I was last there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mission to Manhattan
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Best wishes on a successful mission!  I hope you and yours enjoy the Marquis, Broadway and my home city!  Do check out the legendary mutton chop at Keen's for dinner, the Bryant Park Grille for lunch and Lemoncello for breakfast. 

I'm look forward to the intel on Concierge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Will do.  Hope Charlie D. is still manning the lounge--great guy. We will try them all as you suggest. I am one of the many reviewers for Zagat as I most likely mentioned in a previous post, having gotten my pearls of wisdom into the review for The Spotted Pig in the Village.  Have you tried Roberto Passon--can you recommend it if you have?

I have my fake Rolex so we will not be going to Canal Street.  But looking forward to seeing your great city again.

tjcnewyork Platinum
    You're joking right?  East Canal St. particularly Chinatown and Little Italy is a great place to find upscale knock-offs at you know what prices.  For the downtown Manhattan community, it's the place to get great chow at all hours of the day and night.  Chinatown thrives on Sunday because that's the day people do their marketing for fresh fruits and vegetables for the week.  They drive in from Long Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut.  You're more likely to find the restaurants listed in the Department of Health rather than Zagats. (joke) While knock-off browsing, stop in for a fresh brewed coffee with light cream and a baked char shu bau at Mei Li Wah at 64 Bayard St.  This is a tiny little coffee house that is legendary for pork buns.  There's always a queue waiting to buy 2,3,4 dozen at a time.  Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...