3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2009 9:24 PM by lorirobert RSS

Delray Beach Marriott Great for Families

lorirobert Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We just returned from a week at the Delray Beach Marriott.  It is great for anyone, including families.  Our room was very nice, it had a seperate living room area with a wet bar, pull out sofa and balcony.  We requested a fridge and microwave for the room and they brought to us at no charge.  The pool is very nice, and beach access is just across the street.  Some family friendly places to eat within walking distance are Boston's on the Beach, Pizza Rustica (great pizza by the slice), Cocoa's Cafe (Thursday special 1/2 price burgers, $2 beer), Ciao Sidewalk Cafe (great breakfast & lunch, adorable outdoor seating, they let kids pick a toy out of their basket).  There is a free shuttle that takes you up and down the downtown area, but it is also walkable.  There is a great playground right next to the causeway drawbridge if you have kids and they need a break, lots of friendly local kids to play with.  The staff was super friendly, and there is free access to  computers in the lobby.  We never made it to the on-site spa, but it looked to be wonderful.  I would recommend this for anyone, with or without children.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delray Beach Marriott Great for Families
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Hi Lori

Sounds like my type of vacation!  I own multiple weeks with MVCI and deposited one last week with II.  Marriott Owner Services volunteered that they're in the process of being cross-trained to handle Marriott Reservations so they would be better able to assist owners with hotel reservations in the future.  Apparently, many owners have been making suggestions and there are changes in the works.  

As posted several months back, MR now credits nights stayed at MVCI at the home resort or on exchange with II provided an MR # is given at check-in.  This change was implemented after June 30, 2008 without prior notification to owners.  I know that my nights at Imperial in October 2008 were credited which prompted the call to confirm a policy change - which I was very happy to hear about after requesting it for 14 years.

There are now 390,000 owners compared with 30 million Marriott Rewards members.  Your thought about owners w/CC deserving to be upgraded to Club level merits scrutiny.  What about owners w/CC being upgraded to Gold Elite?  Or, owners w/CC upgraded to Gold Elite for a modest fee?  Feedback welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You have a real winner in Del Ray Beach!

We love staying there and having dinner at TWO GEORGES!

Thanks for sharing the memories, we are looking forward to going back! 

lorirobert Platinum

TJCnewyork- thanks for the response and info!!! 

Does this mean that when we check-in at for our week stay at Barony Beach (a transfer from our home resort)  this summer, we will get credit for a 7 night stay as if we were in a "regular" Marriott hotel?  And yes, we would certainly pay a reasonable modest fee to upgrade to the next available level if that were a possiblity.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...