3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 11:05 AM by gk17 RSS

Why does Marriott still insist on charging for broadband? I

yardape Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
laugh when I see that they charge $10+ for broadband when most hotels are providing it free... broadband is practically like a utility... like water. I refuse to pay the fee and I simply access the Internet by attaching my laptop to my Blackberry... the speed is decent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why does Marriott still insist on charging for broadband? I
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Although not like water yet, free Wifi is becoming ubiquitous. Often I find that using my Blackberry as a modem isn't necessary. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I doubt I depend on the internet like many who post here, but in the event my BB isn't sufficient, there's usually a comp wi-fi connection in the lobby.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Are these in the full service Marriott hotels? I usually stay in the lower categories in the Courtyard or Fairfield Inn chains and they offer free WiFi. I definitely agree that WiFi should be complimentary these days. It's not that it's super fast either but it's sufficient to do what's needed out of the office.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...