7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 5:46 PM by nuhusker RSS

Marriott Richmond

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Was in Richmond on business in December and stayed in this location for one night. Overall was a really nice stay.

Staff
Everyone here was great! The Valet was prompt and courteous -- as well as willing to help with directions. The front desk was also very helpful and welcoming.

Rooms
Hotel is in renovations right now. The new rooms are looking good -- Marriott standard. The bathrooms were shiny and clean, and beds were very comfortable.

Room Service
Quick, friendly and nice food! The delivery staff also made you feel very welcome. There were some nice options on the menu that gave you something different to eat than the normal Marriott room service.

Concierge Lounge
Overall was OK. Nice lounge, decent amount of space. Breakfast was good and hot. Only thing that surprised me is that the staff wasn't really friendly. It was a quiet morning -- no more than 2 others -- and I didn't even get a hello.

Area
There's lots of construction in the area, so it's easy to come away with the feeling that the area is a little run-down or perhaps unsafe. My concerns were alleviated once I walked in the door and was welcomed by the entire staff!

Would definitely return when I'm in the area!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Richmond, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Richmond Marriott
  • Re: Marriott Richmond
    augustine Platinum

Personally, in my visit to the concierge lounge I have found the help exceptionally friendly. I can't speak too much to the mornings because I am usually in and out. But in the evenings the young lady that manages it brightens up my day everytime I talk to her. She will do anything she can too help you and has the sweetest disposition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Just spent one night at this property this week.  I've probably spent a half-dozen nights, maybe more, there over the years.  It's the classic Marriott experience, and it reminds me how Marriott won my loyalty.

• I like the views (and I really like the window box effect).  They put me up on the 17th floor, and you can see, well, forever....
    • The staff is always friendly, helpful, and responsive.
    • The concierge lounge is (relatively) small, but the food is generous and varied.  (Lots of fresh fruit - whole (apples, bananas, oranges) and cut up (pineapple, strawberries, canteloupe, melon, blackberries, blueberries) - which makes me happy.) I like the concierge lounges - like this one - where there is a "bar" with a nice view, which I particularly appreciate when I'm travelling alone, which is most of the time....  Alas, the TV IS TOO LOUD, and there's no place to hide.
    • Good work surfaces in the room, multiple phones (including a cordless), reliable internet.  Nice newspaper selection - Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Richmond-Times Dispatch.
    • Parking presents an interesting choice - valet (which I don't like) or municipal parking (in a covered garage with a convenient enclosed sky walk to the hotel), which is fine.
    • I'm glad that (it appears that) all of the renovations have been completed.

I'll be back.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

This is good to hear, as I believe my son is staying there soon for the first time!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I had a very good weekend stay at the Richmond Marriott using a certificate that was about to expire.  After booking my reservation I made use of the Virtual Concierge option in my email confirmation and mentioned that I would be celebrating my birthday and if possible would like an upgrade to a suite.  About 20minutes after making my request online I received the following email from the concierge:

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum member. We received your online request for a suite upgrade. We will be more than happy to honor your request as long as a suite stays available. We only have four suites in our hotel which often makes it difficult to honor complimentary upgrades. Most of the time they're contracted out, but as of now I have you blocked in one of them. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that it will still be available on the 19th. If not, we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs and make your stay enjoyable.

If there's anything more I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I was shocked at how fast I received a response to my upgrade request.  On the day of my arrival I received a phone call from the concierge who wished me a Happy Birthday and confirmed my arrival.  I was given an executive suite on their top level (18th floor) which featured a wet bar, living room, and a large bathroom which included a spa tub.  I also had an excellent view of the city from my room (see the attached pics).  The room was really clean and the bed was very comfortable.  The staff was also very courteous.  My only dislike about the hotel was the parking.  You either had to park in an area garages (for a fee) designated for the Convention Center and walk over to the hotel or use the hotel Valet which charges $26 a day.

DSCN1278.JPG

DSCN1279.JPGDSCN1280.JPG

DSCN1282.JPGDSCN1283.JPG

DSCN1286.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
    Richmond, Virginia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Richmond Marriott
      nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Looks nice and it sounds like they wanted you to be comfortable.  Were you there on a weekend night?  Were you offered comp breakfast with the lounge being closed?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Hi nushusker,

Good Question.  My stay was on a Saturday and I was not offered a free breakfast since the concierge lounge was closed.  Since I didn't have to pay for the room (using a cert) I utilized room service for breakfast which was very good.

I have stayed at the other Marriott location in Richmond (Richmond Marriott West) on weekends in the past and  received free breakfast. However the West location is long overdue for rennovations so I have been avoided staying at that Marriott property even though I prefer its location better.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

ok, thaNks.  I agree that room service is nice, but I do enjoy that free breakfast too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...