1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 6:44 PM by businessace RSS

Detroit Marriott Livonia

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed 3 nights in November on business. Overall, was VERY pleased.

Front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Room was comfortable and newly redone with flat screen TV. Bathroom was well stocked.

The bar staff was very friendly.

Concierge lounge was good, but small and crowded. Depending on the time you came in for breakfast, your options were limited. Evening happy hour was a little better.

Would definitely return!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Livonia, Michigan, USA
  • Re: Detroit Marriott Livonia
    businessace Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I wish I shared your same viewpoint.  While the restaurant there, Sweet Lorraine's is great the Concienge Lounge and front desk could use a lot of improvement.  I checked in at 7:15 pm on Monday this week and headed directly up to the Lounge to get a snack so I could get back to work.  While the sign outside the room said that they serve til 7:30 the place was already cleaned out.  Before I went to the restaurant for an appetizer I stopped in at the front desk to inquire.  The not so friendly "manager" said that "she typically tears it down around 7pm" and left it at that.  My only response was that if the sign says 7:30 pm then food should be available until then.  No offer of an alternative or a free appetizer at the bar/restaurant as some hotels have offered in the past under similar circumstances.  When I went back for breakfast in the morning it was not only too crowded to eat, but the sign with the hours was taken down.  Nice fix Livonia Marriott!  I'll go back to staying at the Baronette in Novi instead when they know how to treat Platinum members (no lounge, but tons of extras to compensate).  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the romm across from the noisy ice maker should never be given to one of your most loyal group of patrons.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...