7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2015 8:18 AM by boldie24 RSS

Rennaisance Cleveland

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for business over the last year. Consistently, the stay is good.

Front Desk
Staff is all friendly and knowledgable. They offer great suggestions, and are very quick. Repeat guests are welcomed by name.

Room
Old world furniture gives this place charm. It's not the out of the box Marriott / Rennaisance property. It has character, but not at the expense of an awesome bed! I always sleep well. Bathrooms are marble --- little inconsistent in how many rooms have been upgraded to the curved shower rods. Hot water is excellent. Suites are really nice, and many have great lake views. Internet is slow most of the time -- but I travel with my own wireless most of the time.

Dining
Room service is prompt, courteous and willing to accomodate special requests --- even those not on the menu or in one of the other kitchens in the hotel. Menu could use some freshening -- as it looks like every other room service menu in the world. Hotel breakfast is good --- omelette station and buffet -- but the service is what makes the experience at breakfast. Snacks in the lobby bar are good, but service on food is a little slow. They make great specialty martini's there and the entire waitstaff is really friendly. San Souci, the high end restaurant, is a little hit and miss. Food is all good, but the day often determines if it is excellent. Service there isn't really consistent.

Concierge lounge
All of the staff there is excellent -- friendly, knowledgable and interested in their clients. Any special requests, are acommodated. Breakfast is usually eggs, cereals, fruit and pastries. Appetizers usually include a cheese tray, a pasta salad of some sort and a hot item heavy enough to be a light dinner. Sodas and bottled water available all day.

Other service
Bell staff -- honestly depends on who you interact with. Some are great, some aren't --- which is unfortunate as you may walk in with a bad experience before you get to the great people at the front desk. Housekeeping is very efficient -- although they start early. If you are starting your day after 8-830, you may want to put out the do not disturb sign. Evening turndown service comes with a rotating treat -- chocolate, fruit, or popcorn balls.

• Re: Rennaisance Cleveland
    lorirobert Platinum
    We like this hotel as well.  We are from Pittsburgh and do getaway weekends at the Renaissance.  Beautiful hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We like it as well!

We are always pleasantly surprised at the quality of our stay here.  My relatives live close by and even the folks in town like to take a break here. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rcrodgersjr Platinum
    I have to agree with your excellent assesment. I've stayed there twice this year.

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

This is my favorite Midwest hotel. The concierge lounge is fantastic, especially Albert, who will go out of his way to accommodate any needs.

It's a beautiful hotel -- lots of charm and character. First rate!! 

B

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/c/clebr/phototour/clebr_phototour01.jpg

Above:  Cleveland Renaissance

While on business, I checked into a humongous 1 bedroom king suite on CL at the Cleveland Renaissance 8 years ago just after the 2002 renovation.  Simply amazing. 

Built in 1918, the Cleveland Renaissance is a historic landmark and an architectural gem.   Thanks for the comprehensive review about how the Cleveland Renaissance delivered on Marriott's promise and exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to going back.

Chitownguy Platinum 1 Reviews

Know this is an old post, but of the Marriott properties in downtown Cleveland, this definitely has the best CL, food is always hot, plentiful and good, and the attendants I have found to be the most friendly. 

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Again, sorry for replying to an old post but worth doing.  When staying in Cleveland, especially downtown, I always stay here.  Just stayed this last week and did not disappoint.  Excellent and friendly staff all around.  I have to admit I have not eaten in the restaurants but the lounge is fantastic.  I always get an excellent upgrade (granted I am PP) and on election night this last fall I lounged in the ENORMOUS Presidential Suite.  Out the door and follow the spiral staircase up to the lounge.  Ah the life. 

Oh, and the location is excellent for sporting events, in the Tower Plaza for shopping and food and plenty of bars and restaurants within 2 blocks, especially on 4th Street.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...