6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2009 2:29 AM by nuhusker RSS

Early Check out Penalty

curana Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Recently during spring break booked and stayed at Anaheim Marriott Suites. We checked out bit early and we been charged for early check out penalty I have checked out at various locations as sometimes business plan changes but never had early check out penalty. Also though this property is Marriott suites no concierge facility at this location and we been charged for breakfast for kids.. which is weird and seems awkward , being a platinum members since few years

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Early Check out Penalty
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Try writing to Customer.Care@marriott.com following the outline presented here: Re: Welcome to our 2009 Program Changes forum!  It works.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Seems odd--I would contact the GM at the hotel, the if that does not work call Platinum Desk at Rewards and speak with them.  I've heard of changes in rates due to extending or reducing stays, but unless you were there on a prepaid rate (advance purchase) can't imagine why there should be a penalty.

curana Platinum
    Absolutely blunt answer. We do Charge and that is it , I was told.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Absolutely blunt answer. We do Charge and that is it , I was told."

I'm in SoCal early next month and firming up plans.  Thanks for the update, Curana.  I'm confident about my decision NOT to book at the Annaheim Marriott Suites. 

By any chance, have you had any recent experience at the Marriott's Marina Del Rey?

plattrvlr Gold

Unfortunately, you are in an area which has high demand. It may seem unfair (but I believe it is stated in the "small print"), but not unheard of either.  The point is, from the perspective of the hotel, they block out the room from anyone else reserving it for the days you ask to stay there.  An empty room is lost business for them, particualry when it is conceivable that they turned away business for your reservation.  I realize this explanation is basic and other factors may not be realized.  But I can tell you from experience that properties in high demand tourist areas are more strict and less customer oriented.  While demand is high, they can afford to be this way.  If you advsied them when you checked in, then they may be more amenable to waiving said penalty.  But less so with a sudden departure of 24 hours or less.  Just a thought, but have you asked if they will give you a credit for a future stay?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

curana -- sorry about your experience at Anaheim Marriott Suites.  My experiences over several years/several stays were just the opposite.  I suspect, although I don't know, that your rate rules stipulated the early check-out penalty.  Just a thought...  Also, my experience is that Marriott suites don't normally have C-lounges.  In that case, Marriott normally provides comp breakfast to the elite member, not family members.  If it's all about the breakfast, try Embassy Suites.

TJC --  I'm sure you'll have a great time at Marriott Marina Del Rey.  Ii've never stayed there, but our son was there a few years ago, and raved about the hotel, the view, and the proximity to Santa Monica.  But, don't take what curana has donounced about the Anaheim Marriott Suites at face value.  I suspect there's more to the story.  Have fun in sunny SoCal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...