1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 8, 2009 5:20 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

My first "no black out dates" in Orlando

platinumjoe Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can't tell you how irritating it is to listen to the "no black out dates" adds - and attempt to use rewards for the first time since the switch and I get this!  

Marriott's Grande Vista

5925 Avenida Vista  
Orlando, FL 32821 USA

• Check-in:  Friday, April 10, 2009
  • Check-out:  Monday, April 13, 2009
  • Number of rooms: 1
  • Number of guests: 2

Previous 1 1 of 9 9 Next

Marriott Rewards Redemption: Select Rewards

No Marriott Hotel Rewards available for the dates you requested. You have three options:

1. Select another day, special rate or reward redemption option
Travel dates flexible? Alternate Date Finder shows you when Marriott Hotel Rewards are available   

2. Select another hotel.

3. Choose to pay for the room. The best available rates are listed below.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My first "no black out dates" in Orlando
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Your message is a bit cryptic, but understandable. 

Using the dates, April 10 to 17, in a Paid scenario, Find & Reserve shows 44 properties available including Grande Vista.  But, in a Points scenario for the same dates, Find & Reserve shows only 24 properties and Grande Vista is excluded. 

Not all brands and properties participate in the 'No Blackout Dates' policy.*  Grande Vista is part of the Marriott Vacation Club brand and not listed.  The club does have villas available for rent using points but they are limited because it is a timeshare ownership resort not a full service hotel. 

You are in good company.  Marriott could do a better job listing which brands do not participate upfront so as not to mislead and disservice the business and leisure travel community.

* Participating brands include Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, and SpringHill Suites by Marriott®.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...