19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2009 1:02 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Suite as an award in Boston

beavis Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I want to redeem points for a suite in the Boston area.  Is there anyway to book suites in locations other than Springhill or Townplace suites, using points?

• Re: Suite as an award in Boston
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Did you try the "Hot Line"?

You should get them to check for you.

Good luck! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

beavis Platinum 60 Reviews

they told me that the only way to guarantee that I will get a suite will be to book in a springhill or a townplace. i would not be able to use additional miles to get a suite.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Beavis,

Why not take it?

You will have some nice times at either places. 

I did not want either because they were 10-15 miles out of boston.  Anyway, I managed to speak to some folks and get a suite in the Courtyard Cambridge

Beavis,

Congratulations!

Have never stayed here.  Let us know how it is.

tjcnewyork Platinum
    Try a one bedroom suite with a harbor view at the Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf less than a mile from the heart of Boston.  It's alot closer than the Courtyard Cambridge and you can walk. We were pleasantly surprised, it is one of the nicest Marriotts you'll find anywhere in the downtown area that is clean, spotless, safe and secure.

https://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour14.jpg?Log=1

Located in Charlestown on the Charles River, the hotel is much larger than Residence Inns we've enjoyed and a step-up at Category 5.  In addition to the classic Residence Inn complimentary breakfast, the RI features a Harborwalk Cafe for dining alfresco - perfect for the spring.

Postscript 4/21:  Parking, in general, is a huge challenge for thriving urban centers like New York and Boston.  Boston handles the challenge very differently from New York by establishing a quota of street parking that favors city residents who in fact make up their tax base. 

Thumbs-up for the RI Tudor Wharf. The valet do an outstanding job meeting the challenge to ensure that guests staying on-property have in/out parking privileges.  There is also the option to self-park overnight with a vendor that services visitors to the USS Constitution nearby.     

beavis Platinum

Since I cannot specifically request a suite using marriott points, I was limited to the Springhill or Townplace suites or the Courtyard Cambridge where I was able to speak to someone to guarantee a suite for the points. 

I do not think the Residence Inn option would have been available using points.

Beavis,

Why don't you book a room using points.  if the hotel opens up, just ask them if you can transfer the points.  I have done this before and had no problems. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Beavis

Using 25,000 points you can reserve a 1 bedroom queen suite w/queen sofabed, a harbor view and complimentary breakfast for the entire party at the RI Tudor Wharf.  There is excellent availability. As graduation time approaches in May, it will be more difficult for obvious reasons.  If you require more privacy, request a complimentary upgrade to 2 bedrooms as a Platinum overide provided there is a 48 hour window prior to arrival.  The RI is located in the upper right hand corner of the map shown below in Charlestown right across the bridge.  From the Residence Inn, the hub of downtown Boston is literally steps away.

http://www.bostonvisit.com/visit/maps/DOWNTOWN09.jpg

beavis Platinum

So is the consensus that this is a better hotel than the Courtyard Cambridge? If so, then I will make the change today.

tjcnewyork Platinum

With 168 suites, a harbor view, steps from Boston's hub, complimentary breakfast, large pool, fitness center and free internet - ABSOLUTELY.  Believe it or not, each suite features a kitchen, not just a wetbar. You'll love the room, the view and the location.  Oh my God, what are you waiting for?     

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour11_s.jpg  http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour02_s.jpg  http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour01_s.jpg  http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour14_s.jpg

Yes,

Book it and enjoy the stay's!  As mentioned, these great places are going to get hard to get!  There are a lot of people that will pay top dollar to stay here! 

Thank you all..... just booked the RI at Tudor Wharf... Now to cancel the Courtyard reservation.

gumball Gold 60 Reviews
    Reading posts I am confused. Talk about Cambridge which is 2 miles from Boston then talk about Rhode Island 40 miles from Boston?

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    RI = Residence Inn, not Rhode Island    ;-)

tjcnewyork Platinum

RI = Residence Inn

Beavis,

Congratulations! 

Let us how is turns out! 

I am staying at the RI Tudor wharf over Memorial day. When can I call for the platinum override to the 2 bedroom? Can I call right away?

Beavis,

You can call and request but you really may not know till you show up to check in!

Availability, may have a lot to do with an upgrade.

Good luck! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...