6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2009 10:44 AM by briyau15 RSS

transportation from Milan Marriott Hotel

allanswan Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Since the Milan Marriott is not in downtown Milan, how do you get from the hotel to the central train station?

• Re: transportation from Milan Marriott Hotel
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We just used a taxi.

We had too much luggage, and did not want to get "Hung Up" with a shuttle. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

briyau15 Platinum

Hi Jerry,

Do you remember how much the taxi cost and how long it took?  My wife and I are going this fall and plan to make a day trip to Lake Como, plus we are leaving Oct 17 to go from Milan to Zurich.  Any suggestions on the best path via train?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum
    If I recall correctly, the train from Milan to Zurich goes through the Lake Como area. You may want to consider stopping there on your train trip. The scenery on this train trip is unbelievable.

Briyau15,

The taxi from the hotel to the train station was not expensive.  I think it was around 10 Euro's.

You may want to check with the Marriott and see exactly how much it is.

Good luck. 

Briyau15,

I have not taken the train from Milan to Zurich, because you had to go back thru Geneva and then to Zurich, (Not a bad trip!).  I always drove thru St. Moritz and across the Alps.

Milan, would be a place I would spend as little time as possible, and Lake Como, as much as possible.  There are many tours from Milan to Lake Como, just make sure the weather is good for you.

Have a great trip.  If you need more details, let me know. 

briyau15 Platinum

Hey all -

I just returned from my 'Eurotrip 2009' and everything was great.  I actually took the train from Venice to Milan on Oct 15, 2009 and decided to take a cab instead of the train to the hotel.  In retrospect I should have taken the metro since a one day pass was around 3 Euro and my taxi ride from the Central train station to the hotel was 20 Euro (for two people and 2 bags of luggage), albeit it was at 5pm on a Thursday and we were in stop and go traffic most of the time.

We decided to take the metro from the hotel to the train station on the way to Zurich and it was easy pretty easy.  When you exit the hotel, take a left and walk down two blocks to the 'Wagoner' station (red line).  You then take that roughly 2-3 stops and get off to transfer to the green line (I think it's called the 'Cardova' stop).  Then you take that green line roughly 4 stops to the train station (Ferradova?).   Names and labels are on the metro maps, which is easy to read.  It took about 30 minutes between walking to the stop from the hotel to get to the train station.

We also took the metro from Wagoner stop to Furo Buonaparte and from there you can walk to La Scala and the Duomo.  (you can also stop at the Duomo stop which puts you right in front of the Duomo - Thei redline takes you to the major tourist sites).  Milan is a very small city and you really need just a full day to see everything but should book a tour in advance to guarantee a viewing of the Last Supper. 

Also, a nice pizza place to eat near the hotel is Napoli Restaurant, which is a block from the hotel on your left.  There's also a supermarket right across the street as well as a nice bakery to the right of the supermarket.   The concierge lounge was below average and they didn't even stock bread and cheese the second night I was there but had coffee, water, soda, and nuts.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to let me know if yo uhave any other questions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...