3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2009 5:21 PM by nuhusker RSS

Best Marriott Hawaiian Resort for Young Kids

roadwarrior79 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm getting ready to cash-in my Marriott Rewards Points for a big family vacation to Hawaii.  Which, in your experience, is the best resort for families with young children?  I'm open to any island.

Thanks for your advice!

• Re: Best Marriott Hawaiian Resort for Young Kids
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Roadwarrior,

You may be in a situation that you have to take what you can get.  It really could be difficult to get the "Perfect place".  

We really liked the Ren. in Honolulu.  We requested a room with a patio, and kitchen.  With the family it saved us a lot by not having to eat out all the time.  Likewise, we were walking distance and easy public transportation access to a lot of places. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

You MUST TRY the category 7,  JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina on Oahu.  It is one of two Hawaiian resorts participating in the 3 nights for 2 night resort special so you can cash-in on a discounted points offer.  Show your wife and kids the virtual tour of Marriott Vacation Club at Ko Olina which is next door.  Plus, being on the island of Oahu there's no shortage of family sightseeing, dining, shopping and day excursions. You'll be the big Kahuna for taking the kids to the nearby Hawaiian Adventures Water Park, the only water park in Hawaii.  Enjoy!

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/h/hnljw/phototour/hnljw_phototour21_s.jpg 

See:

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    TJCNewYork nailed it.  The JW at Ko Olina is a great place for families.  Beautiful lagoon beaches, a great pool, lots of good eats both at the hotel and the nearby marina which you can access as a hotel guest (there are also washers/dryers at the marina), and you're close enough to downtown (30 minutes or so) to eat and all that has to offer.  And if you golf, the resort golf course is as good as most any other on the island.  When we were there 5 or so years ago, we used points (150k then, but cost over 200k now I think) and got upgraded to a much larger room overlooking the ocean at no extra charge.  Great accomodations, superb service, and overall the best Marriott experience we've had in over 15+ years. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...