8 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2009 10:54 AM by nuhusker RSS

Building Loyalty

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today's Guardian (subscription based unfortunately so I cannot paste it here) contains an article in which the CEO of Hyatt Hotels comments that he needs to cross-train staff to do many jobs, in light of the worldwide downturn in business travel, but also reports that he's ramping up the benefits for loyal (as in most loyal) customers in their Gold Passport program. 

This hopefully will be the way in which Marriott revamps Marriott Rewards, focusing on the most loyal and rewarding their (our) perserverence in these trying economic times.

• Re: Building Loyalty
    tjcnewyork Platinum

SteppingStones

Very informative, thanks for posting.  Reuters and USAToday published similar news.  Point your browser to: 

REUTERS

INTERVIEW-Outlook for hotel industry murky-Hyatt CEO

USATODAY

Hotel Check-In Scoop: Hyatt to become first to give VIPs free wifi

The USAToday article is 'prophetic'. LOL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

One word sums up how I feel about the changes that Hyatt is implementing: envious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Agreed--it's a competitive world and maybe, just maybe...Marriott will follow suit

tjcnewyork Platinum

Mikieg - I agree. Free wifi, personalized elite check-in, no-fuss room upgrades and club access has my attention, too.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Mikieg

I am absolutely thrilled to report that the Marriott Orlando World Center GM implemented a Marriott Elite Check-in counter on Saturday, April 25th.   

Open invite - let's keep a running scorecard.  Post a reply about your Elite Check-in experience.

Keep it up Marriott!

elitepro Member

Txs TJC New York for your info and ideas.I stayed at the Orlando World and

never went back because there were no benefits and staff were not helpfull because it is a convention hotel and full of Disney one time visitors

tjcnewyork Platinum

Hi Elitepro

Regrets to hear that your experience at OWC was less than satisfactory.  A new management team came on board in late 2006 to open a brand new convention hall which was completed in the fall of 2007.  This team is open to new ideas to strengthen the relationship with the owners and management of the 3 Marriott Vacation Club resorts on property.  I hope you will reconsider and give the OWC a second chance to exceed your expectations.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    regarding elite check in...BWI Marriott was doing it back in January.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...