4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2009 1:07 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Residence Inn vs Full Service Marriott for long stays

300nightguy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I always try to look at the pro's and con's of staying at a Residence Inn vs and full service Marriott when I'm going to a client weekly for 6 months or more.  I'm curious of others opinions on the topic.

From my experience, you loose customer service, points, and quality if you choose a Residence Inn.  However, you gain space, kitchen, more privacy, and more condusive work environment (bigger office space).    I have not once come across a full service Marriott that offers a room with a comfortable living/working space.  I won't stay at a middle hotel (Courtyard) due to no lounge for breakfast or dinner. 

Thoughts?

• Re: Residence Inn vs Full Service Marriott for long stays
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Even for a shorter term, the Residence Inn delivers all of the features you mentioned.  Let's not leave out spacious Fitness Centers which offers the opportunity to take a health break when on the road!  Recently, on a trip to Boston, the Residence Inn Tudor Wharf was a welcome surprise*.  In fact, the staff delivered more service than one usually expects at RI.

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/bostw_home_rightimage.jpg http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour06_s.jpg http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/bostw/phototour/bostw_phototour05_s.jpg

There is one feature that Fairfield Inn & Suites and Courtyards offer that I would like to see implemented at the Residence Inn - a King size bed! 

* Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Ri gets my vote!

As I read this at the RI in SW-Ft. Wayne, as I eat a salad from Outback and enjoy a fireplace and watch my favorite TV show there is no choice for me.  I really enjoy a full service Marriott if it is close to where I am working but when it comes to free parking, pool, and extra room space, give me a RI.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    50% Point differential is the only real negative.  But if you stay over 30 days at least in CA, the occupancy tax is eliminated.

tjcnewyork Platinum

SteppingStones

Are you referring to the Plat Elite 50% bonus points for paid stays or something else?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...