3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2009 1:07 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Courtyard San Fran Fisherman's Wharf

vacationtime Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard San Fran Fisherman's Wharf recently?  I am wondering if it is like a typical Courtyard.  (Nice but nothing special.)  This will be my first time to San Fran and it looks like it is within walking distance to a lot of things.  Also, do you know of any good restaurants in the area?
  • Re: Courtyard San Fran Fisherman's Wharf
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Have stayed there and the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf as well as the Ren. and Marriott downtown.  My favorite, although older than the Courtyard, is the Marriott at Fisherman's Wharf.  You can walk to all that you can imagine in the Wharf area, Scoma's Rest. is great, as well as neat places on Pier 19.  To take the Cable Cars, leave early or expect long lines, the night travel on them is supurb.

Since this is your first time one bit of advice, make sure you have plenty of warm, rainproof clothes, especially in the Summer.  It is really chilly at night. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

walnutbaron Platinum 3 Reviews
    Fisherman's Wharf--while surely one of the more famous tourist destinations within San Francisco--is also a true tourist trap, in my opinion.  A much better choice is the JW Marriott near Union Square.  It's centrally located to many wonderful atttractions in San Francisco, near the cable car line, and within walking distance of the Theater District and Union Square.  It will give you a much more realistic and authentic San Francisco experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are so right for indicating FW as a "Tourist Trap", but especially for first timers what else would you want?  

There is something special about "MIxing" with fellow tourists at FW.  Being able to walk, sightsee, eat and relax right around your hotel is a large plus.

In SF, the are few "Bad spots", enjoy! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...