3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2009 1:04 PM by zukracer RSS

Cut and Run

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Informal survey of the week:

Would you NEVER stay at a Marriott again if the things you've taken for granted for years (fill in the blanks as to what they are) were to disappear as part of a cost cutting measure across the corporation?

These are the best of times; these are the worst of times--the squeeze is on.  Things may change.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cut and Run
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The corporate directive prioritizes cost-cutting, so I am optimistic that Marriott will strike a balance and thrive.  It's hard to imagine Boston without the quintessential Marriott Custom House or a summer weekend at a hidden gem like Marriott's Wentworth-by-the-Sea on New Hampshire's seacoast.   Never say, never!  Refresh, revive and reenergize is the core promise that Marriott hospitality must deliver.  Properties that underdeliver the guest-facing services that support this promise will experience defection.  Only the best will be able to engage and retain loyal customers. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    We may see a thinning of the herd so to speak as the weaker chains get into more and more financial trouble. Innovation (coincidentally the title of a great book by Kurt Carlson) is the name of the game.  Cost cutting will occur, but Marriott starts from a stronger position and is willing to hold on longer.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

If the service at Marriott properties and the basic perks were to change I would probably move to another chain faily quickly.  If they were to stop doing things like remove the perks in the concierge lounges, eh, that would be obnoxious but not enough for me to switch chains initially but would get me thinking.  Continued changes in how we redeem our points would add to my decisions as well.

In the grand scheme of things Marriott has been a great place for me around the globe with a few notable exceptions so as long as they dont change my daily routine/expectations I have no real reason to go find a new partner in travel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...