1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2009 9:02 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Renaissance Las vegas rude

flightlady Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I scheduled two stays at LAS Renaissance Hotel during March. Contacted hotel 3x before making reservation to be assured of website claimn that concierge lounge is open 7 days week (info now removed from website).  Assured 3x by hotel staff (have names) that lounge is open 7 days/week, then I booked stays thru Platinum Marriott #. Called week before arrival to assure all is intact and was told lounge is closed on weekends "You're on your own for breakfast." Nice bait and switch, no call to tell me about change. As Platinum Level member how nice to be told "You're on your own for breakfast." Called GM sect'y, told her of switch, took 2 full days for a return call and was told that hotel would not offer a continental breakfast to me for my 4 day stay. Yes, I was on my own for breakfast. For the sake of a continental breakfast, this hotel was not willing to accomodate even though I booked under those terms and had names. Sec'ty was not terribly pleasant. What economy is she living in? Especially with 12% unemployment in Las Vegas. I cx my Renaissance stays and rebooked at Mmarriott Suites. Had a lovely stay there. Will make sure my and husband's business partners know NOT to stay at LAS Renaissance as some are Rewards members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Las vegas rude
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

flightlady

There are close to 300 posts on Flyertalk.com regarding Concierge issues at Marriott's all over the world.  I experienced a similar issue last month at check-in at the Marriott Hartford Rocky Hill, CT.  The confrontation at the front desk was so negative it prompted calls to all the full service hotels where I have upcoming reservations to make sure that I would not have a repeat experience.  Several hotels reduced services, so I rebooked reservations with hotels claiming that the Concierge was open or provide breakfast vouchers.  After reading about your experience, I am extremely concerned about having to rebook reservations all over again.  What a mess!  Apparently, Marriott has no clue how much planning, time and aggravation this situation imposes upon loyal customers.

According to Marriott Concierge on Flyertalk.com,  Marriott is indeed reducing operating costs to meet target bottom line numbers, but hotels are instructed to do so in ways that are non-guest facing.  It's very clear from our common experience, that the failure to deliver is most definitely guest-facing.

You did what I would do in rebooking.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  I prefer to be warned, than not. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...