6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2009 9:40 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

What is the best resort in Orlando - ?

annspamp Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have a timeshare, and this year I would like to exchange with a week in Orlando. Can you suggest me? I dont' know which resort I have to choose. We are two couples of friends, no kids, and we like pools, and whirpools - we enjoyied very much Marbella Beach Resort -

• Re: What is the best resort in Orlando - ?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Annspamp

Orlando offers several Marriott resorts all of which enjoy high occupancy from owners and guests from the international travel community due to the large number of theme parks, attractions and family vacation amenities available in Central Florida throughout the year.  Spacious, contemporary and full of amenities, the Palms are my personal favorites:

• Sabal Palms, Royal Palms and Imperial Palm Villas are collectively known as "The Palms". They are located adjacent to Marriott's Orlando World Center less than 3 miles from the main entrance of DisneyWorld. The Palms received Marriott Vacation Club's highly coveted World Class Resort Award in 2007 and 2008. Villa guests have access to all hotel amenities including a large resort pool with a waterfall, great restaurants, a marketplace, 18 hole golf course and pro shop and several recreational facilities including a full-service spa and fitness center.  A complimentary shuttle links the villas to the main hotel.
              http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_imp027_big.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_imp020_big.jpg
              Imperial Master Bedroom     Imperial Living Room

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_imp006_big.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/imp033_big.jpg?t=1238445126
              Imperial Exterior                  Clubhouse Pool
              http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_cypressharbor.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_grandvista.jpg

Cypress Harbor                   Grande Vista

Like Marbella, the Palms resorts have the restaurants, spa and golf nearby. Imperial and Royal have whirlpool tubs in the master bedroom.  Architecturally, Grande Vista's design shares Marbella's physical look.

See also:

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iamcanadian Platinum 2 Reviews

We stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando in November '08 and it is a fantastic resort. They are currently undergoing renovations and we were fortunte to be in a recently renovated building. Suites are spacious and beautifully decorated. Main pool (near guest services) did not have as many ammenities (pool side bar/food etc) that we've had at similar resorts however, they were under construction to add these features at that time. Grounds are well maintained and security is good -- particularly during evening hours.

We've also stayed at the Orlando World Centre which has 3 timeshare properties on site. We had a suite at the centre -- not a time share space so I'm not certain if the timeshare properties utilize the World Centre recreational areas...but the pool area at the World Centre is really great. Large pools, waterslides and an abundence of lounge chairs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I have been an owner at Royal Palms for several years, and highly suggest this property and Imperial Palms (3 bedroom). Sabal Palms is also located on the World Center property, but there are no balconies with the units. Access to the Marriott World Center facilities and proximity to Disney World make this my preferred resort in Orlando. When my daughters were younger, they enjoyed the pool and waterslide at the World Center (as well as riding the glass elevators 'though the roof") as much as riding rides at Magic Kingdom.  The resort also has several restaurants, a great workout facility, and golf and tennis. There is a charge for parking at the hotel, but parking is free at the timeshares.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This has my vote!

We had a ball with young children.  Good luck.

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
    I have stayed at the World Center many times and it is a nice property, albeit not a warm and inviting one.  If you're looking for a full service Marriott in ORD, you can't do better than the new J.W.  The location is good, and the hotel is everything you would expect a flagship hotel to be.  It also shares a wonderful spa facility with the Ritz Carlton next door, the first time in the history of Marriot construction that two luxury properties have been built right next door to one another.

tjcnewyork Platinum

When travelling on business or pleasure, the dining venues, food choices and quality, and the service are the key hallmarks that make a resort experience very special for us.  It doesn't matter if you are in Hawaii, Palm Desert or Orlando.

The Orlando World Center features the top three restaurants in Orlando including the Mikado Japanese Steakhouse, Ristorante Tuscany and Hawk's Landing Steakhouse. We make sure to dine here every year for the past 16 years.  Not only is the food and service legendary, the wine list is first class.  Moreover, its quite remarkable how consistent these restaurants are every time we visit. Plus, it's wonderful when the staff and the chef come to your table to welcome you back and present you with a special appetizer compliments of the house.

With regrets, the JW Grand Lakes resort has ground to cover when it comes to dining and service. We found Citron overpriced, the service condescending and the food inedible because it was overdone.  Primo's attempts at southern Italian cooking is amateurish and can't hold a candle to Ristorante Tuscany. Even Bice at Universal's Portofino Resort does a better job several notches above Primo.  Cafe Bodega?  (no comment, LOL)  Being spa lovers, Vitale at the Ritz gets a thumbs up.

For a memorable resort experience in Orlando, my vote goes to the Orlando World Center.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...