4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2009 4:48 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott buys Greenbriar

rainbowwill Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
I just heard on national TV news that the Greenbriar Resort in WV has declared bankruptcy today and is being sold to Marriott.  It is an outstanding facility.
  • Re: Marriott buys Greenbriar
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Hope so!

We go to the West Virginia Medical convention there and really enjoy the scenic beauty in the Fall.

The Clinic and bomb shelter are especially interesting. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott buys Greenbrier
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The Greenbrier is a US National Historic Landmark and listed on the US National Register of Historic Places.  With AAA's Five Diamonds,  when Greenbrier reopens as Marriott Greenbrier, it's hotel, spa, golf course and private cottages will become an instant hit.  Congratulations, Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Let's hope this is a trend. I see Marriott as a guarantor of the past with an eye to the present and the future.  Three cheers for an excellent move on the part of Marriott

tjcnewyork Platinum

Like Greenbrier, I highly applaud Marriott's involvement in the restoration of Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire and Boston's Custom House.  Wentworth is listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation.  The Custom House is a landmark designated by the Boston Landmarks Commission. 

Greenbrier, Wentworth and Custom House are among the many examples of Marriott's commitment to enriching and preserving community.   Alice S. Marriott was deeply committed to civic responsibility.  It is visionary, I think, that Marriott takes the lead in respecting the tradition of American welcome and hospitality while preserving and giving new life to landmarks and historic places.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...