3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2009 1:41 PM by mbiggs RSS

Advice on Marriott Florida Resorts?

jfusco Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a reservation for spring break with my wife and two daughters ages 13 & 15 at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort. I'm thinking about switching to the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale. The price would be much cheaper 543 per night at Marco and about 369 per night at Harbor Beach. I'm also thinking there is more to do in Fort Lauderdale when we want to take a break from the beach. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts before I make a decision.

Thanks, Jerry

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Advice on Marriott Florida Resorts?
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Both are very nice properties but Harbor Beach is takes the award. If you want a do nothing, lounge in the sun type of getaway, then Marco is the place. There's not a hell of a lot to do there other than bask in sun, and at about 25 miles, Naples is a hike.

Fort Lauderdale is the direct opposite. With tons of things to do and Miami Beach just down the road, this is a destination for when you want to sit in the sun by day and walk down avenues by night. There are hundreds of restaurants and the Las Olas section of the city is very close.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Advice on Marriott Florida Resorts?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

jfusco

I agree with the recommendation, my wife and I enjoyed a 4 day getaway at Harbor Beach Resort, great spa, too.  Since you were considering Marco @ $543 per night, consider a look at Marriott's Beach Place Towers located on Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard.

This Marriott Vacation Club is across the street from Fort Lauderdale beach where you can rent a 2 bedroom 2 bath villa with a living room, full kitchen, in room safe, washer/dryer and free wireless internet within your price range for $549 per night as of April 14.  You have the convenience of enjoying a relaxed home atmosphere with the beach across the street.  Why not treat you and your family, you deserve much more than two double beds. You and your wife will have your privacy and the teens will have theirs along with a separate living/dining room.

I called Marriott Villa Rentals yesterday for a friend who has 3 teenage children and there is availability in April, for more information:  800-845-5279.  There is also the option of planning a brief stay at Harbor Beach and move up to Beachplace to get the best rate or combine with points.  I forgot how much parking costs at Harbor Beach, self-park at Beachplace is about $16+/day with in and out priveleges.  All revenue earns Marriott Rewards points.

Beachplace Towers is centrally located and there are retail shops and great places to dine on the ground level and within 5 minutes walking along Fort Lauderdale Boulevard. You can also spend the entire day at the beach, grab a shower, snack and beverage and head into West Palm or Miami for dinner.   My teenagers had a blast and went back to Beachplace years later with their college friends (without mom and dad). 

• Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach
    mbiggs Platinum 20 Reviews

I stay at the Fort Lauderdale Habor Beach when in Fort Lauderdale however, just 3 weeks ago the spa was closed due to renovation.  Also the rooms can be small to make sure to get a corner room or two rooms if you can.   I was behind a family who booked 2 double beds and the Marriott would not guarantee the bed configuration so they were stuck with one king room.

You can't beat the location of this Marriott, beautiful beach, quiet location but close to the action.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...