3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2009 1:00 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

New "no blackout dates" a joke

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott "no blackout dates" is a joke. I tried booking the Residence Inn in Tallahassee, Florida for the 25-27 of September using points with no availability, even though many revenue rooms available for purchase. Maybe I just do not understand what "no blackout dates" means????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New no blackout dates a joke
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Jasper 100

Good example of the confusion that arises when a hotel within a participating brand does not make rooms available for redemption using points. 

Marriott has two Residence Inns in Tallahassee, it is not clear if both are part of the same franchise or owned and managed separately.  Residence Inn Tallahassee Universities at the Capitol is 'blacked out' for your desired dates, but Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle is not.  Try calling the Residence Inn Universities directly or writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com to report this. 

Post back what you learn. What's really important is that Marriott realize how much time and effort goes into making a reservation even though the policy of No Blackout Dates is supposed to make it easier. Your example makes just the opposite more evident.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New "no blackout dates" a joke
    kazakhbaku Platinum
    Agreed, I just tried to reserve a room at Seattle Waterfront in May and couldn't use points.  At least we used to have the "stay anytime" option, now that is gone too.  I'm afraid Marriott may be going the way of the airlines and the FF points.

• Re: New "no blackout dates" a joke
    tjcnewyork Platinum

kazakhbaku

Try calling the hotel directly and speaking with the on-site revenue manager/reservations or even the Front Desk.  In addition to graduations, proms and weddings normal for that time of year, Seattle hosts several events in May 2009:

• Seattle International Children's Festival, May 11-16, 2009
    • Seattle International Film Festival, May 21 - June 14, 2009
    • Memorial Day Weekend. May 22-25, 2009
    • Northwest Folklife Festival, May 22-25, 2009

No blackout dates is the new policy.  If you don't get anywhere, try writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com 

Good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...