5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 11:35 AM by bpelican RSS

Marriott’s Crystal Shores on Marco Island Opens

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott’s Crystal Shores on Marco Island Welcomes Vacation Owners and Guests

Orlando,  FL  -  10 March 2009

Marriott Vacation Club International (MVCI), the vacation ownership division of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR), announces the opening of Marriott’s Crystal Shores on Marco Island. Marriott Vacation Club’s first beachfront resort on the Gulf of Mexico welcomes Owners and guests with the latest in architectural design both inside and out.

Perfectly situated on the expansive white sandy beaches of tranquil Marco Island, the first phase brings on 71 two- and three-bedroom villas with a proposed 219 villas upon build out. Resort amenities include a zero-entry pool area with waterslide and lush, tropical landscaping, a zero-entry modern designed pool with a whirlpool spa and six well-appointed cabanas complete with contemporary furnishings, flat-panel televisions and refrigerators. Other amenities include a large outdoor terrace as well as fire pits and barbeque areas for evening activities. “Stilts” elevated pool bar and grill with beautiful Gulf views offers lunch and dinner daily and is open to the public.

“As Marriott Vacation Club International commemorates 25 years of delivering unforgettable vacation experiences, we are thrilled to welcome Owners and guests to Marriott’s Crystal Shores,” said Stephen P. Weisz, president of Marriott Vacation Club International. “After more than 17 years of searching for just the right location on Marco Island, we couldn’t be more pleased to see this resort come to fruition on this prime beachfront setting.”

Capturing the essence and easiness of the Gulf Coast Florida lifestyle, the distinctive architecture of Marriott’s Crystal Shores integrates and enhances the surrounding natural environment. With optimized views from every villa, spacious floor plans range in size from approximately 1,100-1,450 square feet and offer large windows and casual furnishings made of natural materials, and an inviting color palette consisting of golden tan, blue and sage green. Villas feature a spectacular floor-to-ceiling sliding glass wall which opens up to a gracious balcony offering panoramic views while providing ample space for relaxing and entertaining. Each villa features a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen with GE stainless steel appliances and custom cabinetry, tile floors and granite counters; generous living and dining areas; washer/dryer; oversized shower with multiple shower heads in master suite; multiple flat-panel televisions; DVD players in living room and bedrooms; and Wi-Fi access.

Three-bedroom villas can accommodate up to ten guests.
Other resort features include The MarketPlace Express convenience store, a resort activities center and a temporary fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment.

Additional proposed resort features and amenities upon build out include:

• Two elegant pools that cascade from an open-air lobby offering stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico
  • Two whirlpool spas
  • Fully equipped fitness center with locker rooms and two treatment rooms
  • Owner’s lounge with large terrace and indoor/outdoor seating overlooking the pools and the Gulf  

Located just 22 miles from Naples Municipal Airport, Marco Island is known for its pristine Gulf beaches, world-class golf, shopping and dining and relaxing atmosphere. Boasting four miles of pristine beaches and beach parks within the Ten Thousand Island region, visitors enjoy long walks and shelling on deserted beaches, spectacular sunsets, and numerous water sports activities. Everglades National Park, Big Cypress National Preserve and many other state, local and private parks, and preserves offer ideal habitats for viewing wildlife, as well as outdoor recreation such as canoeing, kayaking, fishing and boating. For more information, please visit www.marriottscrystalshores.com

• Re: Marriott’s Crystal Shores on Marco Island Opens
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi TJC New York:

Thanks very much for mentioning Crystal Shores: it looks like a nice property.  Your comment got me thinking, though, that I'd likely not stay there because, while the points are the same, one doesn't get credit for the nights needed for yearly renewal.  Then I called  the Platinum customer service line just to check on this.  I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that Marriott has now changed this (just in the last year or two the rep told me).  So I said, "Then there really is no difference in points or nights earned between staying at a Vacation Club property or a JW or Renaissance?"  They told me I was correct.  This widens travel options a lot, and I appreciate you putting me on the trail to remediate my ignorance!  Thanks. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Diogenes72

You are welcome! 

Nights spent at Marriott Vacation Club resorts whether on an owner week or exchange with Interval International do count towards EQN or Elite Qualifying Nights.  The change in policy was implemented very quietly on June 30, 2008.  For additional background, see an earlier post, Re: Timeshare Ownership?

Marriott's Crystal Shores is among several MVCI resorts linked to a Marriott hotel.  That means that dining, spa and other services provided by the Marriott Marco Island can be billed to the villa to earn Marriott Rewards points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Looking forward to spending a week there this May.  Love Marco Island and was a frequent visitor at one time.  Have stayed at the Marriott Resort Hotel which was great while they were building the MVC Property.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

bpelican,

Just returned from the southwest coast of FL last evening and yes we did the usual day trip to Marco Island on Saturday.  Love the island and had some sweet good sized stone crab at CJ's on The Bay. 

Your message got me thinking (as strange as it may seem), but wasn't Crystal Shores open at one point?  Is this a new build or remodel as I remember seeing the place on the right before the Marriott Resort?

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I think it was brand new.  Started going to Marco in the early 90's and stayed at a friends condo on the beach down from the Marriott Resort.  They were building it then from scratch I think.  So that was over 20 years ago and it most probably has undergone several renovations since then.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...