1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 12, 2009 5:06 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Mr

billyq Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am totally disgusted with the disallowance of reward points and not being allowed to choose the room view of your choice when using over 35,000 points for a one night stay and paying an extra fee.  Marriott customer service is leaving a lot to be desired in this economy and I will choose another hotel to frequent if you do not change your stupid policies of restrictions for usage of Marriott points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mr
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

You're in very good company. Even though the 2009 Marriott Rewards Elite Benefits entitle Platinum Elite and Gold Elite to Guaranteed Room Type and Room Upgrade, many loyal clients at these levels including myself experienced the same angst and frustration at check-in when the rules changed. 

The hotel can choose which request to honor or not based upon availability or the option to not participate at all. If planning to stay more than one night, the best strategy is combine a paid stay with points because paid gets preference over points.      

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...