3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2009 9:23 PM by anadyr RSS

Excellent Customer Service

flyingsuzieq Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stay often at the Marriott Raleigh North.  I am always greeted by name when I pass by the desk or check in.  I don't know how they remember with so many people that stay at the hotel.  I had a health issue and the hotel send flowers to the hospital.  If you are staying there and not feeling well they go out of their way to be sure you have everything you need. How often do you find true customer service these day.  I have found it here.

• Re: Excellent Customer Service
    tjcnewyork Platinum

flyingsuzieq

Thank you for the testimonial about knock-your-socks-off customer service.  I'm surprised that no one seized the opportunity to comment.  It makes a huge difference when a Marriott associate greets you by name. It's a level of engagement that fosters familiarity, relationship building and a deepened sense of loyalty that most take for granted. 

When Marriott opened a hotel and spa in 2001 near Mystic Seaport on Connecticut's eastern coast, we stayed at least two 3-day weekends every year.  The bellmen, concierge and front desk staff always greeted us by name with a hearty, 'Welcome back.'  Rather than call Elite reservations, I called the Front Desk because our room preferences is on file.

When we returned post-Thanksgiving last year, the Front Desk staff was a new crew.  Sparing the details (related to a premature roll-out of 2009 Marriott Rewards changes), our check-in was so disappointing, we checked-out the following morning.  I reported the service issues to Customer.Care@marriott.com and received an apology and full refund from the GM.  

Attracting new business costs a lot more than retaining loyal customers. That's why Marriott Rewards can be so effective.  Thanks again for your testimonial and kudos to the Marriott Raleigh North.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for the Raleigh tip!  

This must be a North Carolina thing, because I have had the the same experience at the Residence Inn in Asheville, NC.  Not only can one relax by their fireplace, the staff seems to know your name immediatly.

What a nice feature, when traveling. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Good for you and for them.  I know that the screens on the associate's workstation when you check in can be programmed to flash that you're a repeater in case they forget.  Going above and beyond is a mark of the spirit to serve at this Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...