2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2009 1:30 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Unexpected gesture of customer service

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A few weeks ago we got an email from an Executive Assistant at Marriott Internationa.  The assistant manager explained that mistakenly our credit card had been billed jpy 2197 ( about $22 ) during a reward stay at the Renaissance Okinawa.  He regretted the error and credited our account with 5,000 points for the mistake and inconvenience.  I was amazed that he took the initiative to contact us about the error.  The hotel was beautiful and a wonderful experience with a great room overlooking the ocean. 

We emailed back and forth and he was very thorough in making sure that I was happy.  I just wanted to share this unexpected gesture of great customer service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unexpected gesture of customer service
    bigal226 Gold

i stayed in cancun this january. my wife wanted to watch a particular movie which we put on five seperate times, all of which failed to broadcast.we were told the satellite failed!!! but not to worry, we would not be charged.well.guess what? we checked out on a sunday,rushed to the airport,caught the plane, opened the bill and saw i had been charged 5 times for that movie.moral: they have to understand you before they can fixit,or,out the door ,out of sight, out of mind.

you were lucky

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unexpected gesture of customer service
    tjcnewyork Platinum

bigal226

Regrets that you experienced that.  Consider writing to Customer.Care@marriott.com to request a full credit and compensation for your inconvenience.  In the subject place your Confirmation #.   Post back what you encounter.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...