7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 4:53 AM by d_ploo RSS

Can anyone recommend a tailor in Bangkok?

bigmanrush Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
I'm 6'8" and want to have some custom shirts and suits made while I am over there.  Anyone find THE guy/girl to go to for best quality/price?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can anyone recommend a tailor in Bangkok?
    drhoop Gold 1 Reviews

Go see Bobby at Raja's Fashions. He was recommended to me by business partners in town, and largely serves the expat community. There are a couple of "Raja's" in the area that all try to trade on the same brand. Be sure to go to the one near Nana Plaza (Soi 4 off of Sukhumvit Rd, near the JW Marriott Hotel).

Bobby is great. There are probably cheaper in Bangkok, but I got custom-tailored business shirts for around $30 each, and a tailored suit for under $300. I'm not an expert, but the quality of everything is good, and was complemented by another tailor in HK a few months later. I've been to Bobby a few times, and will keep picking up a few items from him every time I go back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

My best man and me got our outfits at this place and wow they were great.

Not the least expensive but very well done. 

guerry Gold 60 Reviews
    I have had 10 suites made by Rajawongse--Jesse and Victor tel 02255 3714..They have a web site..President Bush shops there as does  with 100s of Seceret Service, FBI, etc...It is located one block from JW ..You need  two fittings so go early...NO credit cards but will take your US check...Tell them Guerry H sent you..

guerry Gold 60 Reviews
    I have had 10 suites made by Rajawongse--Jesse and Victor tel 02255 3714..They have a web site..President Bush shops there as does  with 100s of Seceret Service, FBI, etc...It is located one block from JW ..You need  two fittings so go early...NO credit cards but will take your US check...Tell them Guerry H sent you..

shelbyss Platinum 1 Reviews

I must agree with the Rajawongse recomendation

At this point all my clothing from Formal wear to Business carry his label

They also make an incredibly priced Cashmere top coat

Jesse and Victor know how to make a quality product. 

In fact one time I was going to Bangkok and called my wife to ask if she packed my slacks because I know I hadn't.

Well neither of us had packed them.

I sent Jesse a e-mail from the chicago airport and new slacks were in my roomwhen I got to the hotel.

They are simply fantastic

lancegolfs Gold 1 Reviews
    Hands down, Bobby at the original Raja's is the best!  He does many NBA player's suits as well as expats, government agents & businessmen.  People fly from all overthe world to visit him.  They are located on Soi 4 next to Nana Plaza.  Excellent location if you are staying at the JW, which I highly reommend.  BTW, Bobby will have cold beer & cocktails ready for you upon visiting.

d_ploo Member 1 Reviews

I have been happy with Excelsior Tailors opposite the LeMeredien hotel.

They make frequent sales tour to my office in Sydney and have been really happy with them both in Thailand and when they visit our city.

should definitely check them out when in Bangkok.

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...