5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2009 1:00 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Dublin Hotels

katietravels Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are doing a 10 day trip to the UK we are flying into Dublin in April.  Any recommendations on where we can stay we have been looking through the travel guides and haven't any clue on  dublin and yikes it's our first stop of our trip.  We are not planning on having a car while in Ireland using public transport only, so we need to be able to take a bus or taxi to the hotel.

Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dublin Hotels
    dreadpirate Member

Hi there.

Glad your coming to Dublin to check out the city, you should have a great time.

1. Hotels, there are LOADs in Dublin - and with the current financial climate there are lots of offers available. Not always will these cheap ones be the best, and if your not having a car, and wish to explore Dublin, you will be needing bus or Luas (trams) to get around.  I would suggest you look at hotels in the Dublin 1,2 postcode, which are pretty much slap bang in the middle of the city. There are some good ones, but I have never stayed in any, but can advise from a 'local' view point, on which have the best reputations and seem to be the best service.  My parents usually stay in the 'Arlington' hotel (www.arlington.ie), just off O'Connell street, and have always found it ok, (but do ask for a room high up, as there is a popular bar below, which is great when you want to have a nightcap, but not if your trying to sleep). This is very central to most things, and the rooms are pretty nice. (Must warn you, as we are on a Marriott site, that it is not at the same level, but still all right for a night or two and to be central).  

There is also a site (http://www.dublinhotels.com/) that have most hotels on it and if you see any that catch your interest, PM me, or reply post with the name, and if I have any knowledge of it, I will let you know.

2. http://www.dublintourist.com/ is a good site to help you plan your trip, and there is a hop on hop off bus that does the circle of the major sites and sights of the city daily which I have recommended to friends who have come visit before, and they have always enjoyed.   

3. Most major attractions allow online booking (e.g. Guinness Storehouse) and I would recommend booking a ticket in advance to avoid queues, so you can ensure your time is spent enjoying, and not waiting.

Hope you have a great time,

Joe.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jrichva Platinum
    The Shelbourne Dublin on St. Stephen's Green is magnificent.  It is a Marriott Renassance Hotel.  It is the sight of the drafting of the Irish Constitution and the grand old dame dates from 1824.  We stayed there for 8 days just over a year ago.  Marriott had just completed major renovations and the hotel was beautiful.  THe location is near Trinity College and shopping.

rjmcdani Platinum

Dublin has a great transit system and it is also walkable.  Look for hotesl along the rail.  Most web sites will tell you how far away you are from the train stop.  Keep in mind in Ireland and the UK (they are not the same unles you are speaking of Northern Ireland) most hotels will have single beds as standard.  You will need to look for the King / Queen size beds.  Here is a great website.  We found our hotel through this place.  Also, I would strongly Bed and Breakfast as opposed to Hotel if possible.  Just a bit of the local culture.  http://www.shamrock.org/

christiank Platinum
    The last time i was in Dublin i stayed at the Mespil Hotel.  I is a couple blocks walk from downtown and it was a good value.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is a nice place, but try the Marriott Golf resort North of Dublin.

You will never want to come home!  This will make everyday seem like St. Patrick's Day!  Enjoy. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...