1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 6, 2009 1:04 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

No Blackout Dates... Sham!

hawaiibound Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've tried booking 3 different sets of dates at 2 different properties... all blacked out and no Stay Anytime option. I thought there were no longer any blackouts with very rare exception. Is it a coincidence that every date I choose is blacked out yet still availavbkle for purchase meaning they are holding rooms back from their top customers. The new program was simply a ploy to raise their redemption levels. The honest truth is the new program is harder to redeem under. I'd NEVER EVER had a problem redeeming points at any property prior to the changes. Ever. Now, 3 trips... all with no availability. This is bait and switch.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Blackout Dates... Sham!
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Stay Anytime points were eliminated. Although many brands participate in No Blackout Dates, not all are on-board. Making it worst, Marriott ceded inventory control to franchisees. Without surprise, whether paid or points, stays cost more.  Bait-and-switch requires anti-sham strategy, here's a gameplan:

• Call Platinum Elite 1-800-399-4229 to request assistance. They may be able to view inventory available for points that has not been 'loaded' online.  If that fails ask Platinum to call the hotel(s).  
    • Call the Executive Office directly. Many markets are over-saturated and vacancy rates are through-the-roof. Go armed with a reservation at a competitor, this will alert the Executive Office that your loyalty is at risk.   
    • Write Customer.Care@marriott.com Compliment the associates who facilitate your reservation, or report any less than satisfactiory experience, especially if a hotel fails to honor the No Blackout Dates policy.*
    *  See Re: Welcome to our 2009 Program Changes forum!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...