1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 11, 2009 9:02 PM by jerrycoin RSS

25 years with the card

jerryjo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am sure that we (Edie and I) are not unique in being members for  25 years but perhaps the brackets whih occurred in our usage would be.  We joined at the Amsterdam Marriott while on assignment in Europe - 1983,  The frst time I ever had a card do me a real favor was when we returned to Amstrerdam with children and found no spaces in the Hotels because it was the Queen's birthday and big things were happenng. We had three of our kids with us and were in a very strange but friendly city,  I called the Marriott and they apologized - too full.  Until I mentioned I had the card and the response shifted to Come right ahead - we have our room waiting and they did and it was great.

Page forward to  2008 -  We had promised our divorced (recently) son and hs three kids that we would take them on  a trip to te west coast to visit our oldest daughter,  in Seattle with stops along the way.  We had bought as the best way to do it.  The gas crisis and infllation of prices made it seem better to drive and stay in motels.  OK, well we discovered about Marriotts many suite hotels and Fairfield adjoining rooms and "getting  up early and getting a good start"  We did it in three weeks with more excitement than I feel will fit here but it surely made us appreciate The Card.

• Re: 25 years with the card
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

What a great story!

That must have been some drive to Seattle.  It would be great to hear about some of your hotel experiences during the trip.  With 5 people that had to have plenty of unique experiences.

Look forward to hearing about the 5 week ride. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...