0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 1:12 PM by globalman RSS

New JW Property - Costa Rica

globalman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just got back from the new JW Marriott property on the West Coast of Costa Rica.  It's about 1 hour and 45 minutes from the Liberia airport (direct flights from Atlanta).  First on Costa Rica - this was my first visit here (although I've been all over Central and South America).  The "good" - scenically beautiful, natural, lots of alomost english speakers.  The "bad" - very expensive.  The new hotel was typical "JW" - beautiful.  The "bad" - very expensive (even by USA standards).  The hotel is very isolated (it's a good 30 minutes + to Tamarindo the nearest "civilization"); while the hotel beach is beautiful it is surrounded by volcanic rock in the water making swimming and even wading treacherous - so nice to look at but not so like to swim in and certainly no surfing!  Everyone is nice on the property but being new means lots of growing pains.  Overall Rating:  sorry to say not a place I would recommend sorry to say...  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...