7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2010 1:59 PM by kcmatt RSS

Overland Park Marriott

jodyc_gohogs Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed here for a week on a business trip.  The hotel was clean and fresh and having access to the concierge lounge made it an awesome trip.  I'd highly recommend staying here.

Pro - Good dining options in house or nearby.
Con - Internet access was $10/day.

• Re: Overland Park Marriott
    jmarlboro Gold
    We booked two nights last weekend for our anniversary, but checked out after one.  Walls are thin, doors don't block hallway noise.  None of our preferences were considered - we were simply slotted into the next room on the hallway.  Not a lot of cars in the lot but every room on the 10th floor seemed to be full.  In-room guide seems to be from before the remodel.  LOW rate so not a bad value, but not what we are used to in this brand

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jody,

Why not consider the Courtyard just a couple of miles East of you at Holmes Ave.

They seem to really know how to take care of a person and the place is really quite and reasonable. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Jerry -- are you talking about the CY Convention Center Overland Park?  I've stayed there too many times to say and although it's still among my favorites in KC area, it's time to do some remodeling.  Even the suites don't have newer style furniture and tv.  Consider the TownPlace Suites on 133rd st. in OP (intersection of 135th and Metcalf.  It sits on a golf course (Deer Creek) that is challenging, yet enjoyable to play, and across the street from the new Von Maur store.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NUCornhusker,

Thanks for the info!

Am not familiar with Cy at OP, but the one I stay at is in MO. at Holmes.  Nice!

Will keep looking on my next trip.  Happy Travels! 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Jerry -- not to confuse the issue, there are two CY in Overland Park.  The best is at the Convention Cneter, the other is south of the big Marriott on Metcalf (would not recommend this one).  But keep that Town Place Suites on 133rd in mind too.

dns67665 Platinum 4 Reviews

The Overland Park Marriott is TREMENDOUS. The remodeling has taken the hotel to a new level. I stayed at the hotel during the remodeling, and yes, it was burdensome, but now that everything is complete, there are no complaints whatsoever. The rooms are beautiful and very spacious. I am overjoyed with the ergonomic desk chair and plug-in panel for my laptop. Sure, it may cost to use the Internet, but you get free long-distance, and we all know it's difficult to get cell phone reception in rooms sometimes. I love the flat-panel TV, although I would hope there would be some HD channels available soon as is the case at the Wichita Marriott and The Cornhusker in Lincoln, Neb. The concierge lounge is very nice and the service is first-rate.

Unless you're really financially strapped, this is the place you want to stay. The amenities are first-rate, and the cost is far more palatable than the two full-service Marriott hotels in Jackson County. It's convenient to the Truman Sports Complex, the Plaza and the Power and Light district. The only problem is its about a 45-minute drive to the airport, but just about everything is a long drive from KCI. Great place.

kcmatt Gold 4 Reviews

The OP Convention Center Courtyard now has LCD's in all the rooms.  I almost always get a suite when I stay there and some of them have a new dresser the TV sits on, some don't so I am assuming they are probably replacing them based on the wear they are showing.  Regular rooms, and the main room in the suites still have the old furniture.

I have stayed at the Courtyard just down Metcalf and do not like that hotel at all.  Staff was very unhelpful, and climate control was terrible as you could not select heat or cool and the unit would fight with itself once it got around a set temperature (but the room would never go below 70, even when set to 65, the lowest the display allowed).  Rooms seemed even more cramped than a normal Courtyard.  I have also stayed at the Courtyard on Holmes, and not been impressed by it either...rooms are standard Courtyard, no LCD's and no thermostat controls, only heat/cool settings on the unit itself.  No Wi-fi in the rooms in either of those hotels either.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...